Author Topic: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions  (Read 172802 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions
That one artical has problems that I notice every now and then like the fact that it said that the first Rakshasa was presumabley the behemoth

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Fixed the link to Skippy's Campaign List; was pointing to the wrong place.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Slash and burn job on the article on GTI; someone had written it up full of ST:R stuff. I almost completely rewrote it. If people would check me on that it would be good.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 06:17:13 am by ngtm1r »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline redmenace

Can I get someone to update the SCP entries regaurding fs.log for fs2_open in a couple of days.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
There is also a new "+fire-down-normals" ships.tbl subsystem entry which someone might want to add when they get the chance.  See Mantis bug #591 for more details (or just ask me).

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Could someone consolidate and update the install guides listed in the "Getting Started" section? I was attempting to walk a newb through getting fs2_open set up without the launcher, and was struck by how difficult it was to just find the proper name for the Media VPs folder, much less get things installed from scratch.

I've got a new respect for those members who are able to do it on their own. I'm surprised we get any new players, given the lack of prominence of a download link and install guide.
-C

Offline Fractux

I'm just doing some updates to the wiki.

I'm finding that the link colour to pages in the wiki itself   ( [[SOME PAGE]] ) is so similar to the text colour (or the same as) that I'm manually adding underline to links as some are just not apparent.

Any chance of having the links be a different colour or even automatically underlined by the wiki?

I know if will change the look a lot for those links on menus, but I just think the links in the text need to strand out more (unless it was already decided that we just underline links in the text ourselves?)

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm finding that the link colour to pages in the wiki itself   ( [[SOME PAGE]] ) is so similar to the text colour (or the same as) that I'm manually adding underline to links as some are just not apparent.

Any chance of having the links be a different colour or even automatically underlined by the wiki?

This is the result of a misconfigured Wiki theme.  The theme when you're logged in is supposed to look like the theme when you're logged out.

Who's the theme guy?  Sandwich?

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Upgrade of the link colors has been requested many times..

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43252
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,40344.msg832630.html#msg832630

Also any chance of getting the huge [EDIT] tags in front of every section header (atleast on Firefox) replaced with similar quick link buttons as we had earlier? Like the ones like in the wikipedia... Small [edit] tag at the right edge of the screen at the same height.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Thank you for changing the link color in FSwiki :yes:...

And then (sorry) another request.. could visited link color be also changed from #F0FFFF to something else?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And then (sorry) another request.. could visited link color be also changed from #F0FFFF to something else?

Meep. Please do that.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How about updating the pics of some ships?

We have the HTL ravana, the Typhon, Zeus, Loki and some other ships done, but those old pics are still there...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I'll wait for the official 3.6.9 mediavps

Not sure if this is the wiki thread or not, but I've been working on some random cleanups, anyone would like to work with me on rewriting the freespace 2 installation guides and download situation?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Question.

Why don't the FreeSpace 2 Ship Databases include the ships from the demo? As far as I know they're fully canon.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Because nobody has added them yet?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hmm... I thought there was some deep, philosophical answer to my question. I'll add them.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
GOOD GOD!!!

PLEASE tell me you didn't misspell maneuverability as "manuverability" in every single ship article!!! :eek2:

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
lols... I misspelled it once and then copy-pasted it to all the rest of the entries :D

Offline Shade

Well, it's a good excuse to migrate the ship stats to a template as with the weapon stats, since we have to go through the lot of them anyway now. Already did the ground work and prepared a template for it (Template:Ship Stats), and also got a few of the ships done.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.