Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Exile

ORS TECH ENTRY #34 - Post-Great War Solar System

<< < (4/4)

Su-tehp:
Hell, I’ve never even seen those screenshots. :p

Mobius:
Alright, I'm now starting my official run of Exile lore.

I admit I'm surprised. It turns out that the chain of events that culminated into the conflict between inner and outer Sol colonies started with corporations and their aim for greed. At first I thought, in fact, that it was a mere consequence of politics, as well as old wounds which were far too easy to reopen.

If anything it also justifies the high degrees of variability between each faction's fleets.

Su-tehp:

--- Quote from: Mobius on November 10, 2020, 09:07:01 am ---Alright, I'm now starting my official run of Exile lore.

--- End quote ---

I hope you enjoy reading all of the History Entries. :D

--- Quote from: Mobius on November 10, 2020, 09:07:01 am ---I admit I'm surprised. It turns out that the chain of events that culminated into the conflict between inner and outer Sol colonies started with corporations and their aim for greed. At first I thought, in fact, that it was a mere consequence of politics, as well as old wounds which were far too easy to reopen.

--- End quote ---

I remember reading in one of Tom Clancy's Ryanverse novels (I think it was Debt of Honor?) where Ryan was musing that war is essentially an act of greed writ large. Ryan thinks that war can be summed up by the following notion: They have it. We want it. Let's go get it. Corporations are run by people, and people can and do succumb to greed, so when you have greedy people running powerful corporations who think they can get away with taking what doesn't belong to them, bad sh!t happens. It happens in fiction as well as history. Money buys a lot of power, after all. And not just political power, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version