Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613745 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
I once thought I'm a good player of strategic games, but turned out I'm kind of a "Def as long as possible and then steamroll them", which is not working in WG:EE.
I realy love the game, but I'm to dumb...

I think some of the primary takeaways I have are as follows:

Recon is paramount.  That column of APCs driving around the outside of the map to show up at your spawn?  Without Recon you won't stop it.  Even just a MUTT and a pair of TOW Jeeps can stall an enemy advance long enough for you to react.  Plus if you want to make an advance knowing what you are going to run into makes all the difference between a successful thrust and losing your force.

Armored CVs, you need them.  A Sultan, VAB or BRDM can stick it out if there is some arty and can book it when you need to give ground.  A mouse farts at a Jeep and it will blow up, plus it can't run away from molasses.  Funny enough I've seen people who really should know better still using Jeeps.

Don't send expensive **** into infantry occupied forests.  I had two Fuchs with Jagers in a forest with a logistics truck my opponent sent in three Hinds and two platoons of T-64s and the Jagers smoked the lot of them.  At knife fighting range in a forest a T-80U or M1A2 will lose to the cheapest infantry unit.

Get the most out of the cheapest stuff and husband the expensive equipment.  Sure the Havoc or Leo 2A4 has stats to die for but they need to kill quite a few things to make back their points.  In the meantime if it gets killed first then your in the hole a hundred plus points.  A TOW Jeep and Milan F2 squad costs peanuts if they kill a T80U and they've earned their cost three time over.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Patriot

I'm getting back into EVE again, what with having joined an alliance with my small corporation and all.

Managed to get podded twice over the weekend trying to get to the home system, then decided to check my route's sovereignty BEFORE clicking on the nice jump button so i don't find out i'm in the wrong system too late xD

Turned a 20 jump journey into 55 after avoiding only 2 systems xD

I'm kind of between PC games right now. Playing Planetside 2 and MWO when I feel like it, but I have the urge for a good MMO or RPG. I don't feel like dropping the money for Guild Wars 2, Fable 3, or Skyrim atm though.

Also, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
bioshock 2.  not a whole lot of change from 1.  i like the mele option (with guns, the drill sucks), but having both that and plasmids has made it such that i still haven't made a control scheme i'm comfortable with.  if using sights was actually all that important, i'd be in real trouble.

also, **** big sisters.
I like to stare at the sun.

Fatal Frame 1... again.

Never quite finished it because I got stuck on a hard boss. Welp, just passed that boss and only have the final one to go.

Then I can say I've beaten it and I'm never playing it again... the guy who programmed the controls was an idiot, makes the game a lot harder to play than it should be.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
metal gear rising revengeance

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Playing Carmageddon II and Overkill. Again.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Finished FSport last night - I have owned Freespace since 1999 yet have never finished a campaign before!  Doing Operation Templar and Silent Threat: Reborn next, then on to the Freespace 2 main campaign and beyond.  I still play a lot of C&C3: Kane's Wrath skirmishes when I just want a quick fix.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
you  can skip operation templar.  it's about as good as retail silent threat.

Offline crizza

Because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN25hbDMWUA&feature=player_embedded#!, I'm think about buying ME3...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Saints Row the Third from that Humble Bundle THQ put out before it closed. Damn what a silly game...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Glorious silly !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
  I am replaying Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Noah ships are as inspiring as ever, I most make Cruiser/Destroyer.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:26:24 pm by An4ximandros »

Offline crizza

I'm totally addicted to STO again -.-

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
  I am replaying Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Noah ships are as inspiring as ever, I most make Cruiser/Destroyer.

i should really try to finally figure out how to play that damn game.  it all went to hell when i had to start controlling multiple ships.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

i should really try to finally figure out how to play that damn game.  it all went to hell when i had to start controlling multiple ships.

Pause a lot

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I am playing Windows Solitaire (Win7 version) for some reason (possibly because I can't play "real" games due to my S and D keys popping out all the time). I can feel my brain atrophying...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Heard that game was unfortunately short
"No"