Author Topic: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO  (Read 177910 times)

Offline UndyingNephalim

Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
Ah, sorry. Actually, MJN remade all these animations for the MVPs as APNGs and it works there.

Strange, I wonder why it wont work for me. ANI's don't seem to be working for me either so it must be something I've done wrong on my end.

Did you tried putting some operational files (like from the MVPs) there to see whether it works at all? Unless you have a typo somewhere ANIs *should* work.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Did you tried putting some operational files (like from the MVPs) there to see whether it works at all? Unless you have a typo somewhere ANIs *should* work.

All of my apngs, effs, and ani's work fine everywhere else, I tried them out in the tech room and as talking portraits. They just don't seem to work in the weapon loadout screen. The are spelled correctly because the first frame of the apng version is showing up, it just wont play through the animation.

... I'm hoping to find time to finish it by Wednesday or Thursday.
Well, fat chance on that. I've been too exhausted to make any progress this week, but I should have time to work on it this sunday.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Resolution and frame rate?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline UndyingNephalim

Here's a question i've been meaning to ask for years but for some reason keep forgeting. How do you make it so when a ship jumps into the map or exits, they use portals like in stock freespace 2 instead of the zooming warp drive effect?

Resolution and frame rate?

202x185 and 15fps I think. I ended up just using static images for the weapons.

What do you mean with "portals like in stock FS2"? You can modify the jump type in ship tbl: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php?title=Ships.tbl#.24Warpin_Type:

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
And also as an added bonus you can modify jump type on a per-ship basis in FRED too :)

... I'm hoping to find time to finish it by Wednesday or Thursday.
Well, fat chance on that. I've been too exhausted to make any progress this week, but I should have time to work on it this sunday.

Aaand it's done : https://github.com/X3N0-Life-Form/loadout_stuff

Both loadout-script_init-sct.tbm and weapon_variants.lua were modified to set weapon variants on any ship warping in. Note that this would not work for ships spawned via SEXPs, these would need to be set via a script-eval SEXP on setWeaponVariant(mn.Ships[<INSERT SHIP NAME HERE>])

Let me know if you encounter any problem with it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
And also as an added bonus you can modify jump type on a per-ship basis in FRED too :)

This is why I need to open up Fred more than once every five years.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline UndyingNephalim

What do you mean with "portals like in stock FS2"? You can modify the jump type in ship tbl: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php?title=Ships.tbl#.24Warpin_Type:

Somehow I went 5 years without noticing that. Apparently they were all set to Hyperspace and I want Default. What might be the name of the textures associated with the default warp in effect so I can make my own?

Aaand it's done : https://github.com/X3N0-Life-Form/loadout_stuff

Both loadout-script_init-sct.tbm and weapon_variants.lua were modified to set weapon variants on any ship warping in. Note that this would not work for ships spawned via SEXPs, these would need to be set via a script-eval SEXP on setWeaponVariant(mn.Ships[<INSERT SHIP NAME HERE>])

Let me know if you encounter any problem with it.

Thank you very much, this has helped reduce so much clutter in the weapon loadout screen.  :lol:

WarpMap01, but you might consider changing warp.pot as well.

Here's more reference: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php?title=Fireball.tbl

Offline UndyingNephalim

WarpMap01, but you might consider changing warp.pot as well.

Here's more reference: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php?title=Fireball.tbl

I can't seem to find any information (or the file itself) on warp.pot. I've added in a new fireball entry but I assume "warp.pot" is what actually brings a warp effect together to be used in ships.tbl?

Warp.pof is the hard coded name for FS2 style jumps. I only included the fireball.tbl link for reference.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Warp.pof is the hard coded name for FS2 style jumps. I only included the fireball.tbl link for reference.

I can't seem to get any of my custom warp effects to work, I'll just change the textures of Warp_Effect and Knossos_Effect I guess.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Ehhh nevermind I can't use the stock warp effects because of the shape of the model. Is there any tutorial on how to get a custom warp pof and fireball working in the game? Like which file controls "Default, Knossos, Homeworld, Babylon5" warp types, etc. There seems to be zero information anywhere on how to actually get custom warp effects in, at least none that I can find.

Would be helpful to know what you're trying to accomplish. The alternate warpout types (except for B5) don't use any 3D model, just the effect.
Here's a ship.tbl example from Solaris:

Code: [Select]
$Warpin Type: Hyperspace
$Warpin Start Sound: Hyperspace_Exit
$Warpin End Sound: Hyperspace_LExit
$Warpin Time: 0.1
$Warpin Decel Exp: 8.0
$Warpin animation: FTL
$Warpout Type: Hyperspace
$Warpout Start Sound: Hyperspace_LStart
$Warpout End Sound: Hyperspace_LStart2
$Warpout Engage Time: 1.5
$Warpout Speed: 20
$Warpout Time: 1.0
$Warpout Accel Exp: 8.0
$Warpout animation: FTL

Documentation seems to be incomplete on the wiki though, but one would rather need to write a tutorial.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Would be helpful to know what you're trying to accomplish. The alternate warpout types (except for B5) don't use any 3D model, just the effect.

I'm trying to create an entirely new warp effect that uses its own model. I need a complete flat model to recreate this effect:
Hidden Text: Show

The stock warp.pof model is not flat but a curved portal that looks wonky:

I also need more than two warp effects so I could't just use Default and Knossos

Heres a test file I made from retail FS2 warp. UV shouldnt mess with your effect. hopefuilly.

Specifying an entry from fireball.tbl as custom warpin/out effect is afaik not possible yet. I'd suggest to ask on the SCP board for somebody to code it in.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline UndyingNephalim

Heres a test file I made from retail FS2 warp. UV shouldnt mess with your effect. hopefuilly.

Sadly it seems the model is completely invisible now:

Image from Gyazo" width="1248

I suppose I can just stick with the default and knossos for now, and maybe find a way to use the Homeworld effect for the Aparoid warp ins.