Author Topic: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)  (Read 37544 times)

Offline BoOReD

Re: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)
there it is

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Issue seems to be a corrupted download. When loaded in debug, the log tells me that the fortunehunters.vp contains 0 files, which does sound a bit wrong.
Can anyone else confirm this?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I had the current version so I packed it up.  Temporary Download  Until Vid gets his working.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
great. Alright, resetting the download link on the first page to the unpatched version. Remember to use the hotfix then!

To the twelve people who downloaded the corrupted version, please redownload. I apologise, my internet connection isn't very safe at the moment. The technicians are supposed to replace the cables next week.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You can grab mine or just use that link until you get it fixed vid.  It's yesterdays version with the new mission.  Didn't expect you to still be up.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

your version had a glitch therefore, take a look at my hotfix mission.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I used your hotfix mission.

I took the download from yesterday, extracted it unpacked the VP, added your hotfix mission from this thread, repacked the VP and zipped it back up.

Offline Vidmaster

Ah. Alright.

It seems, whatever I release, there is always much confusion about which version is correct.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:21:55 am by Vidmaster »

Offline wuu

Challenging and Frustrating campaign !!  :lol:

About the problem I had, this must be my buggy PC, had other crashes.

If someone can't create a pilot like me under XP.

The E : Do the data\players\single\inferno and data\players\multi\inferno folders exist

Like he stated make them yourself and it should work !

Der Freigeist

Offline Vidmaster

download numbers are a little disappointing compared to 2260 so far, that made 500 in the first week. Did everybody give up on TBP?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd love to give it a try myself, but I know absolutely nothing about Babylon 5 as a whole.  Maybe someday I'll try to slog through some info and find a good starting point.

Just finished the campaign and I have to say, damn good work. The combat was as ridiculously challenging as usual and the mission design was much more inventive in my opinion, especially with the welding of the Charlemagne's fighter bays
Spoiler:
But the Harvester and Spark, I loved those guys. That ending was quite possibly the saddest I have ever seen in any FS related game/mod, almost as sad as the end of B5. Excellent, truly excellent. Also great idea with using the "bonehead" maneuver. Completely unexpected. I had no idea why there were 5 jumpoints with debris flowing out of them until Cobra explained it. One heck of a shocker.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

download numbers are a little disappointing compared to 2260 so far, that made 500 in the first week. Did everybody give up on TBP?

It is set on my "to play" list. But before I will play the trilogy, I would like to watch the complete series (until now I've watched season 1&2) :)

Offline Vidmaster

Just finished the campaign and I have to say, damn good work.
Ah, that means there are no more blockers. :)  Oh and thank's.

The combat was as ridiculously challenging as usual

That's the whole point of the Hunters campaigns, overcoming incredible odds. And by small tweaks (and scripting ;)) that's actually always possible. It's hard yes but never totally unfair, cheap or frustrating. Unlike Ninja Gaiden and stuff.  :lol:

Offline Nissan

Finally got a chance to play through, and I loved it. Your storytelling abilities are as good as ever, Vidmaster. :D It's definitely a worthy successor to the first two, and as always, the way you managed to tie the Hunters into the canon storyline was just awesome.

What hit me most was the way that all three chapters of the story
Spoiler:
ended on a bitter note, with the team surrounded by death (first the Centauri massacre, then being overwhelmed by the Shadows, and finally with the remnants of their friends floating nearby). It was also really cool that the deaths of Spark and the Harvester were so gut-wrenching and powerful, even in a story whose three most memorable characters were probably the pilots.
I really didn't have too much trouble in the way of bugs. There were only two issues I noticed, and neither was that major...
Spoiler:
1) I had to replay the Charlemagne mission a few times, and about half the time the Hector never started moving along its waypoint path. It seemed kinda random whether it did or not, but I think the time it took me to leave its docking bay may have been a factor. It might be better to have the ship sit still for a few more seconds at the start.

2) In the mission where you attack the Planet Killer--I forget the canon name of the battle--you're given a Nial to fly, but the ship selection screen allows you to fly pretty much any fighter from any race in the game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Drakh, Vorlon, and Shadow fighters wouldn't be realistic options in that mission... but I vote that you leave this as is, because it's a really fun mission for testing all sorts of different fighters. Carving stuff up with the Vorlon lightning beam was especially satisfying. :p
On the whole... it'll take a lot for any TBP campaign to surpass the Fortune Hunters trilogy in my book. Honestly these are up there with some of the best FS2 campaigns I've played, and it's sad to know that there won't be another... but at least we got some closure. I really appreciate the effort you put into this, Vid--it was totally worth it.
"Uh, yeah, I mean it's tough to say, woulda-coulda-shoulda, ifs and buts like candy and nuts, you know, you never know.  This, that, and the other thing.  Who knows?  You know, there are a lot of what-ifs.  You know, my whole life is a lot of what-ifs."
- San Antonio Spurs F Matt Bonner

Offline starlord

could we have vids of the campaign posted on youtube? might be quite interesting to advertise TBP...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The problem with posting videos is there is no voice acting yet.  I'm pretty sure once it's voice acted you will see some videos posted.

That's the whole point of the Hunters campaigns, overcoming incredible odds. And by small tweaks (and scripting ;)) that's actually always possible. It's hard yes but never totally unfair, cheap or frustrating. Unlike Ninja Gaiden and stuff.  :lol:
Oh I know, believe me it wasn't a problem. Except for those Vorlon Fighters. Lightning Gun+Thunderbolt=major ouchie :lol:
~Nighteyes

Offline Vidmaster

there is an incredible amount of cheating involved whenever Vorlon Fighters are involved. Believe me, if those scripts would be removed, there wouldn't be any chance. No fighter has any chance against a Vorlon one.#

Spoiler:
2) Carving stuff up with the Vorlon lightning beam was especially satisfying. :p

oh crap!

I say you just keep that ship selection bug. It gives you the smallest chance in the mission without cheating, plus I didn't even notice it on my playthrough, and makes for great replayability :)
~Nighteyes