Author Topic: Starcraft 2 discussion  (Read 46885 times)

Offline mxlm

Re: Starcraft 2 Beta is now Live
You know what else had trailers that were total **** prior to release? Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age. We'll know pretty damn soon whether or not the writing is adequate.

Although on that note, when I went back and replayed WC3 this year, I found the writing and especially the acting to be much less compelling than I did back when it was released.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I agree. But I still find Starcraft very high-quality.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I agree. But I still find Starcraft very high-quality.

Ditto.

Also, my copy was dispatched yesterday (GMT. So Friday) at 15:55
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You can already find out the SC2 story. Teh in-game cinematics have been leaked. Were on YouTube a while ago.

Saw all 20 of them.
If you're expecting something fresh, think again. It's cheesy, predictable, but well-made. Also, Blizzard still doesn't know how male proportions look.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Also, Blizzard still doesn't know how male proportions look.
It's been this way since SC1, and they stole the 'design' from Warhammer 40k anyway. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's been this way since SC1, and they stole the 'design' from Warhammer 40k anyway. :p

Hey, there are people not wearing armor as major part of it this time. It could be mildly inconvenient in telling their story!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
You can already find out the SC2 story. Teh in-game cinematics have been leaked. Were on YouTube a while ago.

Saw all 20 of them.
If you're expecting something fresh, think again. It's cheesy, predictable, but well-made. Also, Blizzard still doesn't know how male proportions look.

they're probably not that good because they've been taken out of the context of a game. no doubt missing plot elements which are part of the game itself. then on top of that game plots tend to be somewhat cheesy anyway. mix cheesy plot with awesome game play and you have epic win.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline mxlm

Yeah. I've been watching the story so far SC1 vids on youtube, and outside of the game they're...well, they're okay.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im just replaying sc1 and brood war again. i dont want to watch any sc2 material until i get the game. rest assured if i see anyone post spoilers without the proper tags i will personally remove your testicles and use them for crab bait.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Hades

im just replaying sc1 and brood war again. i dont want to watch any sc2 material until i get the game. rest assured if i see anyone post spoilers without the proper tags i will personally remove your testicles and use them for crab bait.
Yeah, same here. I always liked the third mission of the Terran Campaign (SC original).
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I always loved bum-rushing the Zerg bases right out side so the big attack at the end of the mission never came. :P

Offline Hades

I always loved bum-rushing the Zerg bases right out side so the big attack at the end of the mission never came. :P
I haven't tried that yet, I make one *****in' bunker setup so that their attack doesn't do anything anyway (I use supply depots at the corridors to funnel in the zerg, and they don't attack the supplies so they make easy targets.).
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Well i got my collectors edition and i love it, awesome game but most of all the soundtrack, one of the best and most beautifull soundtracks to a game that i have heard. Game gets a big thumbs up from me  :yes:  :yes:  :)!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline mxlm

Kerrigan and Raynor totally make out.

Offline mxlm

Okay, so initial impression: I never thought we'd get another game like Wing Commander, and I certainly never thought it'd be a ****in' blizzard RTS.

Starcraft is love.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Okay, so initial impression: I never thought we'd get another game like Wing Commander, and I certainly never thought it'd be a ****in' blizzard RTS.

Starcraft is love.

Which Wing Commander? :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline mxlm

The one where you walk around your ship and talk to people and watch news reports when you aren't shooting things. :p

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

Starcraft is love.

Which Wing Commander? :P
StarCraft II's single player interface is not unlike Wing Commander 3 with multiple areas to the ship and people to talk to.  It's very much like Wing Commander.  It even has an Arcade which is like the old Simulator room.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Fun fact. If you have pinpoint reflex (or work in slowest mode) you can hide your starting forces in the Zerg level where you get swarmed by UED zerg and take out their bases as they form. (This being the map where you start with like six hives and all but one die.

Because what happens is the majority of zerg forces retreat after destroying your stuff, then they just send workers to build the hatcheries. And well, if the workers never arrive... they don't send replacements :3 So yea, that's five extra expansions for you. Instead of killing the scientists I laughed and crushed the terrans and the zerg with overwhelming force.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
does anyone remember how to get to the secret mission in brood war. i just played through it and i didnt get it. i cant remember what i was supposed to do to get to it.

Nuke's Scripting SVN