Author Topic: Am I a horrible person?  (Read 15129 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Am I a horrible person?
And no I'm not literally a member of 3rd Fleet.

I was in 6th Fleet.
...but the elements of the 6th fleet that didn't defect to the NTF were almost entirely wiped out (well, 3/4) by Koth in the Epsilon Pegasi offensive...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's been 19 years, it's back in business.

Joking aside, thanks to battuta we know there are two more battlegroups worth of Raynor/Titan destroyers.  We don't have a fleet number for it, but it could just be 6th fleet.

Offline crizza

Hm. shouldn't the new ships be stationed in Epsilon Pegasi and Vega, to strike if the shivans find a way to reinitiate the jump noedes in Capella?

Offline -Norbert-

I'd keep the new ships in mobile reserve, to make sure they can be deployed where and when the GTVA thinks they can do the most good, while the older ships delay the Shivans long enough for the mobile reserve to arrive and start to push them back as far as possible (hopefully completely out of GTVA terretory) before the meson busses are sent in to close the jumpnode.

Of course that's under the assumtion that the Shivans don't come at the GTVA in full force right away. While it's always dangerous to make assumtions about Shivan behaviour, so far they came in staggered levels of force both times, or the minimum required force to succeed (or not) one could argue.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:08:42 am by -Norbert- »

Offline Luis Dias

Keeping them near Vega or EP is a good idea, though.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It would also be retarded of command to reserve all of its best units in the middle of a war that they want to finish ASAP. Probably why they have one battle group of the new units in Sol, and one (or two) in their reserves.

I also wonder how widely dispersed the new corvettes are in even the older battle groups, a Chimera and Bellerophon hunter killer team per battle group could do some pretty impressive damage even when paired with a pair of Hecates and older corvettes.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Better than cowardly die on your knees begging for mercy.

I fail to see how that is related to my point.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Better than cowardly die on your knees begging for mercy.

I fail to see how that is related to my point.

Nor was your point related to anything prior to it so I'm just continuing the current tradition of ****ting up in the airwaves.

Offline -Norbert-

It would also be retarded of command to reserve all of its best units in the middle of a war that they want to finish ASAP. Probably why they have one battle group of the new units in Sol, and one (or two) in their reserves.
On that we definately agree. While I neglected to say so, I did mean only those "new" ships that were not attached to the Sol invasion forces. Ships like the Temeraire and Orestes (after their re-asignment of course) and whatever other Titans and Raynors the GTVA build beside the Imperieus and Steeles flagship (Artheus?).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Nor was your point related to anything prior to it so I'm just continuing the current tradition of ****ting up in the airwaves.

On the contrary, it was a commentary on your belief in a honorable death. Honor is a construct used to reassure the loser that they have not in fact lost; a lie told to reassure that you did do everything possible when you did not.

Dead is dead, and beyond caring. Failure is failure. Honor is a meaningless spasm of philosophy, without practical application or merit. It only encourages failure to perform to the best of your abilities and failure to do one's utmost.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

On the contrary, it was a commentary on your belief in a honorable death.

Please tell me what I believe or not, I'm always amused at these telepathic attempts.

Honor is a construct used to reassure the loser that they have not in fact lost; a lie told to reassure that you did do everything possible when you did not.

Honorable death has little to do with the psychological impact unto the dead one, I honestly thougth this fact was obvious to anyone. And please enligthen me where the lie... ahh... lies.

Dead is dead, and beyond caring. Failure is failure. Honor is a meaningless spasm of philosophy, without practical application or merit. It only encourages failure to perform to the best of your abilities and failure to do one's utmost.

Before you go out and dismiss all these human meaningless spasms of philosophy, perhaps you'd consider second thinking them out. You know, before you go out embarrassing yourself and saying these silly things to the airwaves?

Perhaps you believe that dying on your feet or on your knees is of utter unimportance for you. I'm fine with that. Just don't try to pretend that such a "philosophy" is a superior one. I'll also respect your feelings if you go on on a rage saying that love, respect, rituals, friendship, loyalty and other human traits are just "shenanigans". Just don't tell me to accept such idiocies.

Offline -Norbert-

No, I mean the Raynor that Steele is riding, but I forgot it's name... but after checking I just saw it's Atreus, so I wasn't that far off.

Offline Drogoth

No, I mean the Raynor that Steele is riding, but I forgot it's name... but after checking I just saw it's Atreus, so I wasn't that far off.

Who wants the next Raynor to be the GTD Arthas? I do.

Hell if Jimmy Raynor gets a class then the Lich King should get one damn ship :P
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Neither of the next two Raynors are called the GTD Arthas.

Offline -Norbert-

Since we already have Atreu(s), why not make a GTD Fuchur? :p

*facepalm.png*

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Since we already have Atreu(s), why not make a GTD Fuchur? :p
What about the GTD Shenlong and the seven comm nodes needed to activate it?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, no. There's a very clear naming pattern for Raynor- and Titan-class ships. The next Raynors would probably be called Electra and Leonidas.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

So...ships of the titan-class are named after famous british naval assets...and Raynors after greek mythic figures?