Author Topic: GTVA victory aftermath (Major Spoilers)  (Read 21101 times)

Offline Drogoth

Re: GTVA victory aftermath (Major Spoilers)
I don't really get Matth's reasoning here. It has been canon since FS2 that meson-bombing the nodes is the only proven solution GTVA has in its armory against shivaggedon, [...]
I'm not so sure about that.
While I agree with most of your post, there is one thing I'd like to point out.
We don't know if the Shivans ever tried to get ouf of Capella and further into GTVA terretory, with the exception of the few ships that attacked the Bastion, but those can hardly be called a serious attack force.

So while severing the nodes sure has the best chance of stopping the Shivans, it can't be taken for granted.

Also as far as availability of meson technology goes. In addition to the points Luis Dias already mentioned, remember that all the TEI cap-ships run with meson reactors. That would indicate that the GTVA can quite easily build new meson-based equipment, which would include the bombs.

It's probably easier to build a bomb then a reactor honestly. No need for stabilizing and harnessing. Just make booms.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline -Sara-

Re: GTVA victory aftermath (Major Spoilers)
I wonder if you can rig Intrasystem Jumpgates to be an extension of the Sol - Delta Serpentis gate. That'd be a big advantage, entering in Delta Serpentis and exiting from an Intrasystem Jumpgate by 'stretching' the subspace corridor to exit further away. Doubt it's possible, but it'd be an advantage!
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.