Author Topic: GTVA victory aftermath (Major Spoilers)  (Read 21100 times)

Offline CT27

Re: GTVA victory aftermath (Major Spoilers)
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but has no one considered that the GTVA might actually lose?

Sure they have, but this is not the thread for that.  This thread is about discussing the aftermath of a GTVA victory.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Well, militarily, unless a miracle, and/or Steele having a sudden hearth attack...

Nah, we know from 'Ken' that Steele (Torqeville as well) is Nagari sensitive. We just gotta lure that Mind Worm thing to him and watch the work do itself. ;7

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Knowing Steele, though, he'd probably be able to work out a way to avoid getting his mind shattered by that thing.

Toqeville on the other hand probably wouldn't last three seconds (conjecture here--I know nothing about the good Secretary-General)
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

No no. Having his mind shattered would be his plan. Cause then there would be 9 of him.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Aesaar

I don't think a person of weak will could become Secretary-General in times like these.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
agreed,  it will be interesting to see how his character develops over further installments. But we're also off topic, back to GTVA victory parade talk
Stuff

Offline a_b_c

Knowing Steele, though, he'd probably be able to work out a way to avoid getting his mind shattered by that thing.

Toqeville on the other hand probably wouldn't last three seconds (conjecture here--I know nothing about the good Secretary-General)

"Walk the perimeter. Check your six. They sneak in through dreams. Walk the perimeter. Check your six. They can't get in if you lock them out. Walk the perimeter. Check your six."

"Watch the perimeter. Check your six. They sneak in through dreams. Watch the perimeter. Check your six."

Offline CT27

Since we're talking about what happens after a GTVA victory:

Assuming at least one of the Solaris destroyers survives the war; what do you think Steele will want to do with it?  (Cause I can't imagine in a GTVA victory scenario former UEF people being allowed to keep something that dangerous).

Offline An4ximandros

We already discussed the living **** out of that, basically, scrap it. It does not conform to GTVA doctrines, so they would just get rid of it, maybe use parts to make a station or something.

Offline CT27

Would that principle apply to Narayanas/Karunas too?

Offline An4ximandros

Yes, they also need constant munition supplies, which is against the doctrine, which seeks to replace ammo based weaponry with beam ones.

Offline Drogoth

Just turn them into area denial defense boats.

Keep the flak, rip out the rest of the armaments and replace with Ter Pulse, more flak, and Anti Fighter beams. Turns all these frigates into suped up Aeoli that can carry fighters.

Might not be feasible for the solaris, but hey it would be damn cool. Can you imagine a solaris dedicated purely to shooting down fighters? My god it would be a monster.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but has no one considered that the GTVA might actually lose?

Yes but as the massive battle mission (I know this will probably change due to the course the war has taken but people would still quote it) has given a clue of what this entails I thought that this thread would lead to more interesting speculation - especially as I'm UEF fan and this is my worst case scenario.

Yes but as the massive battle mission (I know this will probably change due to the course the war has taken but people would still quote it) has given a clue of what this entails I thought that this thread would lead to more interesting speculation - especially as I'm UEF fan and this is my worst case scenario.

Of course we're speculating would would happen if the GTVA were to win and the Shivans don't show up rather promptly and kill everyone. :) Though there is not a timeframe for it, it has been more than strongly implied that a GTVA victory dooms the human race.

Offline Gray113

Hence the worst case scenario  :)

Hence the worst case scenario  :)

I think the most likely scenario is that the civil war isn't going to get a chance to reach its "natural" conclusion either in favor of the GTVA or the UEF - that near the end of Act 4 it's going to look like the cusp of a GTVA victory, UEF victory, or maybe even a truce (which under the circumstance I would count as a UEF victory), but the grand forces that have been waiting in the wings are going to move and then it's really going to get ugly.

And then we'll be waiting on pins and needles for Act 5 to see how it all turns out. :)

Offline Gray113

I'm sure that the general or the E said somewhere that the ending of BP2 would be the end of the war with whatever happens afterward in BP3.
Maybe the beginning of the Shivan/Vishnan/Great Darkness apocalypse will be shown in an epilogue as a 1 year later.... cutscene showing an attack on a GTVA installation or convoy.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:11:25 am by Gray113 »

I'm sure that the general or the E said somewhere that the ending of BP2 would be the end of the war with whatever happens afterward in BP3.
Maybe the beginning of the Shivan/Vishnan/Great Darkness apocalypse will be shown in an epilogue as a 1 year later.... cutscene showing an attack on a GTVA installation or convoy.

Well in that case ... we know at least Steele's current timetable for massive GTA victory ain't going to work because if the war doesn't end for two more Acts of WiH then unless they are very, very, very short acts Steele's  plan for a single striking blow to win the war can't succeed.

Still calling that the civil war doesn't have be resolved "naturally" to end in Act 5 - just push it back one Act. :)

Offline Gray113

That's what I thought as well which is why I assumed that the assult on Earth was probably going to fail at the end of act 4 with act 5 being the UEF moving to drive out the GTVA forces from Sol whilst Naomi's forces battle with Bei for the will of the Elders in how to deal with the Vishnan/Shivan threat.

Of course I will be totally wrong as these guys can write amazing plots that cant be second guessed.

Offline Gray113

I'm hijacking my own threads now  :banghead: