Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139518 times)

It almost seems like you would like my idea of an alternate multo-verse where the sdf-3 on it's final mission to Earth ends up ...Somewhere else and all hell breaks loose trying to get home (a starship version of slides eh he) so yeah we can visit all teh tv shows and anime shows we want... But that is a different project I've been working on for over a year noiw mostly by myself.

Since the SDF'ers (as the alt-Earth military calls them) and Alt-Earth (henceforth called Earth1, with Earth0 being SDF's home) make a treaty that joins them scientificly and militarily under the name of The Inter-Dimensional Alliance, I've createdmy work folder to be IDA Shipyards (to represent works from any dimension)  :cool:  How's that for a suggestion?

BUt I digress

3 people have started Star Trek projects here and I joined forces with one of them, but he seems to be pulling out, so I got Omniscaper to join me for Retail FS Trek! Hooray! I sent him EVERYTHING I sent Krackers and he is going to start working on the pofs fairly quickly (poor guy hasn't gotten much sleep lately I hear). Thanks to him I got pointed in the right direction and now Bridge Commander files are my new stomping ground. I've done a handful of cool conversions and a few preliminary ones that Omni or someone else will have to get ready for PCS to convert, but I made cobs and texture conversions already.. hehe I've been non stop cause IT'S WHAT I DO!

Killmenow or Killfrenzy is in charge of BSG mod, in fact I just converted the cool ass Scarlet Viper (Richard Hatch's- APOLLO  version 20 years later) IT ROCKS! just need permission to put it in the mod!

StarGate no one is doing and it seems that it would be a small mod. 3 Goauld Cap ships, one mega capship, deathgliders, x301 and x303, (if x303 is the Earth battleship it is UGLY!, oh and 3 Asguard ships: the normal  Battle Cruiser, The O'niel, and The Carter). That about right?

FOr an additional side project I'd ratehr do the works of leiji matsumoto (yamato/starblazer) andthrow in Harlock too (vengence of the space pirate!) heheheh "Wave Motion gun FIRE!" "Wildstar you IDIOT!" ;7

hope this gets you up to speed AA
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Official Robotech Mod Thread
I know of the Asguard O'niel battle ship but what is this 'Carter' of wich you speak
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Hmm I think cause Sam helped them defeat teh replicators in taht battle where they sacrificed teh O'niel in gratitude for her low tech solution The Asguadians decided to name a ship after her (sorry Jack!) :lol:  Don't quote me but I KNOW I head them mention an asguard ship going to be called The Carter, and Jack was like, "Good for you!" :cool:

edit

You know, if naming ships after heroes is like a tradition, shuldn't there be a ship named The Alpha ONE out there somewhere? Just a thought...

Oh there is a BASE... Moon Base ALPHA! :lol:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

[email protected]

Not trying to get off topic and all but Star Gate is a potential gold mine. Very few ships have been seen and hardly any of them have been developed even for a game mod. Which gives you a ton of leaway in creating that universe out. By doing new ship concepts and filling out the Race's Fleets. Its just a thought.

Yah I am all for a huge Robotech mod but I think you know that already.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
StarGate Mod Thread

They could use a hand I'm sure.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

What is the best way for you guys to convert those models over into .cob format? I have gone back and reconverted  about 5 of my models sofar into .vrml which hold the textures correctly. From there I can work with it in 3D Exploration to convert it futher if needed.

Converted models sofar:
Icarus Command Carrier
Ikazuchi Command Carrier
Lionfish
Garfish
Triggerfish
Horizont w/Cargo Pods
Horizont Empty
Horizont Missile Var.
Hawkeye Horizont AWAC
Hawkeye Missile Var.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 05:16:10 pm by 1625 »

Is this mod project still alive...

At least until something happens to me!

I was waiting for you to let you know they need to be broken downinto subobjects as I trie to get more modlers interested but so far no go. too many projects and not enough people...  

As for the BEST way. I have no idea. the only time I really had trouble was with .peo files. No matter what format I converted them to teh main center of teh mesh would dissapear and only leave turrets and extremities in the new format which rendered the mesh useless.

I had already converted your models to .cobs  but because of the single object polly limit (850 per subobject) they were too big. We could get a 5000 polly SDF-1 and 3 in IF they were subobjected right...

I have transferred a couple of robotech missions I made to video tape, but my ati card is messed up. I don't know if it is the drivers or teh hardware as I hit record to captuer teh vcr playback into teh tv caption function and try to save it as an avi on my computer to edit it and post it on the net but it crashes into a hard lock up!

I tried 5 or 6 other ati drivers of related cards and also some other 3rd party software, teh tv captures still work but same problem occurs when I go to record teh video feed into an avi on teh drice it hard locks up... dammit.

[email protected]

Offline Beowulf

Originally posted by AncientAngel

Originally posted by AncientAngel

:eek2: Umm... :eek:

Umm-Yah-Wow.

Amazing. Awesome! :yes: :yes:
Never Forget

"It is always better to avenge dear ones than to induldge in mourning. For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark."
                               --Beowulf

"... and no, real life sex is not just a myth. You just need to come out of your house once every while..." ~Tiara

YeeeeHoooooh! is the mood of the day. :p

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Great work...
*starts to wish he had LOTS more free time and acess to his PC*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Okay, I hard to check in to make sure our group was still floating around here somewhere ;) Which reminds me I need to finish that Beta Fighter.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Keep up with mod:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
AncientAngel, that's some awesome work. Made any progress in the last couple of days? :)

Btw, I don't think I've welcomed you yet. It's great to have you here. :nod:

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Actually I haven't got back into the swing of painting that ship yet. Its one of those deals where I would have to be able to paint about 5 .Bmps at the same time in order maintain a consistent look. And in order to keep the look close to the Alpha fighter each .bmp is going to require 5 layers of shading and coloration. (yeah for me!) ;)

Thankfully when the Beta is finished I should be able to merge the two fighters together to make a Legios version from the show as well.

If someone's interested I'm working on my Macross TC, wich is almost done, except for some details and the missions.

Here are some screens:

http://www.geocities.com/ryuune75/screens.htm

Yeah Keep us updated Ryuune!
I for one would be happy to see the real sdf-1 instead of the skinned orion from first mod.

The pics are really dark, but look good from whta I can tell.I HATE cartoony textures and you zent ships look great!

One thing though. Can normal systems run it or is this only for HT&L FS2open???

[email protected]

Well a bunch of those models comes from a game called Macross VO. But dam they still look good in the FreeSpace Engine.

Re: Yeah Keep us updated Ryuune!
Originally posted by Star Dragon
I for one would be happy to see the real sdf-1 instead of the skinned orion from first mod.

The pics are really dark, but look good from whta I can tell.I HATE cartoony textures and you zent ships look great!

One thing though. Can normal systems run it or is this only for HT&L FS2open???

None of these models are done by me, in fact i can't model at all.

Most of these models come from Macross VO a pc game, the others are from various poople, mostly Lestat, from the Homeworld DYRL TC; i just ported them in game.

Yes the pics are pretty dark, cause i'm using HTL build with shinemaps, but seeing them in movement it's pretty different.

All my TC supports only FS2_Open only; i started by making it for FS2 retail, but the models are quite high-poly and there were frame drops (i didn't made lods, and i don't plan to do, with HTL i never drop below 60fps), and for now features like:
Ending a mission witout hyperspacing
Putting a 6000 poly Macross Storm Attacker
Having Gunpods with ammunition
In the future maybe having trasformable walkyries thanks to change_model sexp

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Cool Pics!:yes:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Hay guys just a slight up-date on what I am up to.

I have been looking into more game engines that could pull off some sort of Robotech-Macross Mod. A part of me has been looking for some sort of game engine that is really open ended that will allow for a good years worth of playing and yet not get bored with it. Sofar the only game engine that I can come up with is the FreeLancer program.

Now this does not mean I am going to stop supporting this project at all. Actually it might mean I may get off my collective rear end and start working on my models again ;)