Author Topic: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions  (Read 174196 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions
The interface.

It's groovy. :yes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are we allowed to get rid of Mobius' stupid retcon page yet?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
While I don't agree with his views, either, it's separated from canon very clearly (and the title says explicitly who the author is), so I don't see why it should go.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's bollocks that basically encourages people to ignore FS1 from canon. It also has the unwanted side-effect of people using this contrived retcon bull**** to explain discrepancies in canon rather than thinking up of interesting in-universe theories (like ST:R).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
If other people see it as such, then let it go.

Okay, while an admin is at it, could he remove all the other articles in this category?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:25:05 am by TopAce »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You know... I disagree that it should (have?) been deleted. If it says NOT CANON at the top and who the author was, it's fine. Besides, it's interested to read through what :v: changed from FS1 to FS2 in that way

I see it as more of a history article than a story/canon/explanation article.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It's too late now. It's gone.

Offline Shade

Nothing's ever gone for good on the wiki, just gone from view for non-admins ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well my vote goes to bringing it back. Personally, I'd like to read things that could shed some light on why say... the ST:R team did what they did as they tried to bridge FS1 and FS2.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Do slather a big huge "non-canon" (and possibly "this is all a theory from a single member of the community") all over it if you bring it back though :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Nothing's ever gone for good on the wiki, just gone from view for non-admins ;)

Which means that unless you have a very convincing reason, you will never see that article again.  :P

Do slather a big huge "non-canon" (and possibly "this is all a theory from a single member of the community") all over it if you bring it back though :P

It was there. It read something like: "The decisive majority of the community offers alternate solutions."

Well my vote goes to bringing it back. Personally, I'd like to read things that could shed some light on why say... the ST:R team did what they did as they tried to bridge FS1 and FS2.

ST:R didn't take Mobius's theory into consideration. Actually, it was released before the article was written.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:15:02 pm by TopAce »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
ST:R didn't take Mobius's theory into consideration. Actually, it was released before the article was written.

What I meant by that is that the article is part of the history of theories on the subject that is related to story elements in ST:R and that it would be an interesting read at least.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Fair enough. You can try requesting an admin to copy/paste its content and send it to you via PM.

Offline Shade

I'd have no objection to retrieving the text and posting it somewhere on the forums, but I'm not inclined to revive the article itself. Remind me of it in a few days if I haven't gotten around to it by then.

[Edit] You can view it on my user page for the next little while. Won't keep it there for too long, so if you want to look at it later you should copy it to a text file or something.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:16:24 am by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You know... I disagree that it should (have?) been deleted. If it says NOT CANON at the top and who the author was, it's fine. Besides, it's interested to read through what :v: changed from FS1 to FS2 in that way
That's not what the article was. The article was about how FS1 sucked and how we should all pretend that it doesn't exist.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Anyway, it's re-readable at Shade's profile here, though temporarily. Everyone can decide it for himself how he interprets it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Personally, I'd like to read things that could shed some light on why say... the ST:R team did what they did as they tried to bridge FS1 and FS2.
That sort of thing would be good to put on the ST:R Continuity page.  If someone posts a question or starts a section, or makes a suggestion, we'll be happy to fill it in.

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
Err...was FS Doc deleted or something?  :wtf:
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline Shade

Um, no? There's a link to it at the top of every single page on HLP.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It's up, unless he means the old Wiki, which used to be called FSDoc.