Author Topic: RE-RELEASE: Eagle Takes Flight 2.1 (12-AUG-2021)  (Read 20860 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: RELEASE: Eagle Takes Flight 2.0
According to your log you don't have the fsport_mediavps file.
'E:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport_mediavps\' ... 0 files
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:35:51 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Well, problem solved. By default, this campaign looks for "fsport_mediavps." Every other FSPort campaign I have looks for "fsport-mediavps" with a dash instead of an underscore, and I also name my MVPs folder with a dash.

Changed that one typo in the mod.ini and it seemed to solve the problems. Unfortunately it also causes the campaign's custom mainhall music to revert back to the FS1 theme, but it's hardly a deal breaker. Sometimes the most simple things are overlooked.

Offline Macfie

The older releases of the FSPort Media VPs used the underscore because FSOpen wouldn't process files with a dash.  It's an FS1 campaign so it should have FS1 music.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
It's an FS1 campaign so it should have FS1 music.
Except this campaign has a custom mainhall theme that should be playing instead. The problem is that fsport_mediavps is in the primarylist, meaning it takes precedence over the files in the mod, including the mainhall theme. SSX-Kahn, try changing the [multimod] section of the mod.ini to this:
Code: [Select]
[multimod]
primarylist = ;
secondarylist = fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps_3612;
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Macfie

You are correct, I missed that he had modified the MOD.ini.  It has been awhile since I looked at this campaign.

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Thanks, this seems to be the ideal mod.ini! :yes: Perhaps it would be a good idea to edit the release thread with the proper code so that others know the included mod.ini is a bit broken.

Edit: Okay, this is the release thread. :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:35:56 pm by SSX-Kahn »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re-release is up!  Adds new and improved model, bugfixes, proper mod.ini and more!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:05:53 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: RE-RELEASE: Eagle Takes Flight 2.1 (04-NOV-2013)
added the upgrade to the overview thread, good job
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

i hope there will be more missions to play
4 missions is to short

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I have posted a version of Eagle Takes Flight compatible with current builds out on Knossos.  That which was old is new again!

INSTALL AND PLAY USING KNOSSOS

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.