Author Topic: [Re-upload] Sol: A History  (Read 3108 times)

Offline hxazgalor

• Anything but Shivan
    • My Blog
[Re-upload] Sol: A History
I tried to dl this particular campaign after I stumbled upon this post, but the file isn't there anymore. Can someone reupload it please?

Also, to run this mod, will I need anything else besides FSOpen? And where can I get them? Thanks again.
"Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how
The chaos in our lives could pass as sane"
~ Switchfoot, 'Stars'

Re: [Re-upload] Sol: A History
S:AH is dependent on Inferno R1, I believe. At least, it was when I first got it.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline hxazgalor

• Anything but Shivan
    • My Blog
S:AH is dependent on Inferno R1, I believe. At least, it was when I first got it.

A post I wrote 2 years back at the S:AH discussion post confirms that. Just don't have the bandwidth to get the Inferno campaign, sadly :( but it would be nice if S:AH could be reuploaded anyway. At least at a later time I can try getting my hands on Inferno.
"Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how
The chaos in our lives could pass as sane"
~ Switchfoot, 'Stars'

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:46:17 am by tomimaki »

To whoever uploaded this gem of a campaign to Knossos, THANK YOU!!!  I have tried and failed to run this campaign for years.  I don't know if I was trying to get it to work with the wrong version of Inferno R1 or what, but I could never get it to work!

With Knossos, the campaign worked flawlessly the first try!  Thank you thank you so much!

And it was worth the wait.  Yeah, ok, the models are a bit clunky compared to modern campaigns, but I just love Blaise Russel's writing style and sense of fun.  Everyone always talked about this as one of his best campaigns, and now I can finally see why.  I honestly like this story of the genesis of the Earth Alliance better than the official "Inferno: Alliance" one.

Major kudos to Shadow Gorrath and whoever took the time to set this up on Knossos! :yes:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan