Author Topic: VAC 4 with VLS turret (for Q-Ships, ambushes etc)  (Read 1700 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
VAC 4 with VLS turret (for Q-Ships, ambushes etc)
Some time ago Nyctaeus and I were discussing how to best make a "container based ambush" and on whim Nyctaeus whipped this up for me. We both didn't think it warranted a seperate release, but recently MatthTheGeek has toying with adding turrets to the TAC 1 and I let it slip on Discord that I was holding on to this. And so here it is packed for public consumption:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tlDmkfDNN6ocGJGkWL4EH218EHiGaO7b/view?usp=sharing

Note 1: On some nightly builds, the animation for the hatches reverses right after firing instead of waiting for a delay, which makes the hatches appear like they never opened. It should work as intended on builds from early April 2020 and by exptension the 19.0.0 release build.

Note 2: Neither of the two weapons included are balanced yet.

CREDITS:
- Mjn.Mixael, MediaVPs version of the VAC 4
- Nyctaeus, adding turret & hatches
- "Anonymous A", FS-Port MediaVPs version of the Barracuda-missile
- "Anonymous B", for engine particle effects

ps. I couldn't determine who "Anonymous A" and "Anonymous B" really are, but if someone knows please speak up.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: VAC 4 with VLS turret (for Q-Ships, ambushes etc)
That's a cool thing! :):yes: