Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306589 times)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Spoiler:
a loli?
:nervous:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:24:25 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Well, yes, Shinji does experience a very
Spoiler:
satisfying
death in Heaven's Feel.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I've been making my way through Ghost in the Shell 2nd GiG. I'm understanding it a bit better than the first one, but there's still a lot to take in, and I'm still not sure I'm getting all of it. That doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it, however!

That's why I like Ghost in the Shell. There's something new you notice even when you rewatch it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
define "creepy"

I strongly advise not highlighting this spoiler unless you are prepared to ascend to a higher level of "this is really seriously screwed up and ****ing wrong".

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.

That is serously screwed up and ****ing wrong!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
define "creepy"

I strongly advise not highlighting this spoiler unless you are prepared to ascend to a higher level of "this is really seriously screwed up and ****ing wrong".

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.

That is serously screwed up and ****ing wrong!

Yes.  Yes, it is.

Spoiler warning: there are quite a few makes-you-want-to-drink-bleach landmines like that in a fair number of anime series. EXAMPLES: Basilisk, Elfin Lied, Gantz, and School Days (DO NOT WATCH THIS. SERIOUSLY, I'M NOT KIDDING HERE).  There are more, of course, but those are the first that spring to mind.

--

Also, I've reached and watched Ep. 17 of Stay Night.

Can anyone give me any reason why I should continue to watch this after that display of sheer incompetence? (I'm seriously asking, is there anything I'd be missing?)

*looks up Episode 17*

Ah, that didn't happen in the VN, so I'm not sure what "sheer incompetence" you're referring to.
Well, I can say that Saber's final fight is quite epic. Hell, even Shirou gets to be a legitimate badass in the end there, if the anime follows the conclusion of the Fate route faithfully.

Anyway, I just finished Unlimited Blade Works... so, so, so much better than Fate, it's not even funny. The word "GAR" was invented for Archer for a reason, indeed.
Time to tackle Heaven's Feel next.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Star Trek TOS
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
That's why I like Ghost in the Shell. There's something new you notice even when you rewatch it.
Same here; it took me about three watchings of the first season of Stand Alone Complex before I finally noticed half of what was going on. It really didn't help that I missed an entire disc the first time...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I certainly will re-watch both seasons in the future, but that will have to wait until I've watched 2nd GiG the first time, and when I've watched my other outstanding stuff.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
*looks up Episode 17*

Ah, that didn't happen in the VN, so I'm not sure what "sheer incompetence" you're referring to.
Well, I can say that Saber's final fight is quite epic. Hell, even Shirou gets to be a legitimate badass in the end there, if the anime follows the conclusion of the Fate route faithfully.

Anyway, I just finished Unlimited Blade Works... so, so, so much better than Fate, it's not even funny. The word "GAR" was invented for Archer for a reason, indeed.
Time to tackle Heaven's Feel next.

You might want to check some of Heaven's Feel bad endings afterwards, in particular
Spoiler:
the one where Shirou refuses Rider's help facing Dark Saber
because not only is it awesome, but it's the only place in the novel where this music, which takes the whole thing to epic levels, plays. There are some people who like that bad ending better than the actual good endings.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Just started watching Code Geass.  I find it hilarious how stereotypically british the british mechs and gas masks look.  Built-in mutton chops for everyone!  They just need monacles and it'll be perfect.  It's like a diffused version of G-Gundam's hilarious racism.

EDIT: Also, for people who are supposedly British, they are acting awfully Japanese.

It reminds me a lot of Gundam SEED, with the horribly drawn people and heavy handed ethics and morality lessons.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:44:14 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Wait until they try to make a chess metaphor which doesn't work.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
EDIT: Also, for people who are supposedly British, they are acting awfully Japanese.

http://blip.tv/yugioh-the-abridged-series/episode-59-crowd-atlas-6605784

8:39

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

http://blip.tv/yugioh-the-abridged-series/episode-59-crowd-atlas-6605784

8:39

Three seconds into it and I want to scream; "NYLOCK, DRAGON OF ONLINE VIDEO CAMEOS!"
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I've heard rumors, but I didn't think anyone actually existed that liked that (first) series.

It could have been much better if not for the endings and all of the filler (every scene with Asuka).

define "creepy"

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.
I was under the impression he only
Spoiler:
masturbated all over her comatose body, not raped her.
Though that isn't much better.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:45:30 am by Nakura »

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
define "creepy"

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That would be Shinji from Evangelion to Asuka, not Shinji from Fate/Stay Night. There's a reason Sakura spectacularly snaps in Heaven's Feel and becomes the big bad...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:03:10 pm by Ghostavo »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I just watched Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain. Pretty good but lack of Yoko Kanno was sorely felt.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
define "creepy"

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That would be Shinji from Evangelion to Asuka, not Shinji from Fate/Stay Night. There's a reason Sakura spectacularly snaps in Heaven's Feel and becomes the big bad...

Oh, epic fail on my part. Shinji must be a popular name in Japan.

I just watched Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain. Pretty good but lack of Yoko Kanno was sorely felt.
I grew up with Stand Alone Complex and really look forward to seeing this. That's a shame, Yoko Kanno and Origa really did a great job with the SAC soundtrack.

Offline Veers

Still have not tracked down the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series yet (prices have been mid $200AUD for the ones on sale so far). But finally picked up Evangelion 1.11 You are (Not) Alone

Very enjoyable, I might be slightly biased because Rei has short blue hair.

Fruits Basket was also enjoyable for something light hearted that you didnt need to pay much attention do.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3