Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306612 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?

KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL LA KILL

WAY STATUS: FOUND

GET HYPE
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I'm more hyped for the next GBF episode, but indeed Kill la Kill goes places all the time and that ride seems to be unstoppable.

Also trench coats are classy.
Habeeb it...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I'm more hyped for the next GBF episode, but indeed Kill la Kill goes places all the time and that ride seems to be unstoppable.

Also trench coats are classy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0OQK2if1g
[FLAMENCO INTENSIFIES]
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Gundam's 35th Anniversary is here.

First, new trailer for Gundam Unicorn Episode 7, which releases this May.

Second, Gundam: The Origin official trailer. Apparently it will not be a full series but a set of 4 OVA's. The first is set to release in 2015 and centers around the rise of the Zabi family and Char's childhood.

Third, new Tomino series, "Gundam Reconguista in G" (aka G-Reko) official announcement and trailer. Yes, it is now part of the Gundam franchise. Not a whole lot known about it yet, except that it takes place in the far future of the UC timeline.

Finally, apparently the next big Gundam thing out there is "Real G: Next Project", which will be unveiled at the 40th anniversary five years from now.

Gundam fans have been exploding from hype.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:09:44 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I wonder how many goofy-ass names we can add to the list after those.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Origin might be interesting, it is Char we're talking about, and the G-Reco looks good... though it was said that Tomino was seemingly happy looking during the showcase, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

But to be completely honest, I just wanted more GBF.
Habeeb it...

Offline Turambar

My monday mornings are going to have a lot less childish joy now that Build Fighters is over :-(
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I finished the first 12 episodes of Mawaru Pengiundrum last week, finally. It's... not entirely my cup of tea, but it was all right, so I'll consider getting the second half of the season.

Also on my list is the second season of K-On! and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I've spent quite a bit of money recently, though, so I may wait a bit before I get those and look at Girls und Panzer on Crunchyroll for the time being.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
My monday mornings are going to have a lot less childish joy now that Build Fighters is over :-(

Likewise. I'm really sad to see it end (even though the end was glorious and happy... -Yay Aila-).

Then again... Sunrise Tweeted something about NOT having had ANY discussions or meetings regarding a continuity of GBF, under a hashtag #april_fools.... sooo, go figure. (Second season... Please!)
Nevertheless that was bloody evil of them.

Oh and 4chan /m/ Tweeted a mosaic collague of Gunplas in a Victory Pose to the Sunrise staff, included with thanks.
I didn't have any Gunplas yet (my Miss Sazabi is still on her way), so I quickly drew an SD Aila...

Girls und Panzer

Can't wait to see the Anzio OVA and the Movie. More Garupan is always a good thing.
According to the small interviews of the GuP staff the Movie will have new tanks too.
Habeeb it...

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I just got through with watching Dragon Ball (yep, that show from the 80s) two days ago. Now watching DBZ

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I just got through with watching Dragon Ball (yep, that show from the 80s) two days ago. Now watching DBZ

I would highly recommend not watching Z.  I would highly recommend watching Kai.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Z was fine up until the point they left Earth (and even, to an extent, beyond that).  By the time they got back it was ridiculous.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If you do watch Kai, just make sure to hunt down the driver's test episode from the original.  Apparently it's pretty much the single-greatest filler episode of any show ever.

Offline Turambar

And be sure to watch DBZ Abridged.  They're getting into the meat of the Android Saga

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Game of Thrones...All I need to say. Though I'm not enjoying it as much as I was, since my best friend gave spoilers about the....
Spoiler:
Red Wedding.[spoiler/}
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Log Horizon is more interesting than I thought it would be. And apparently it will be getting a second season at some point.

Also discovered the Ghost Stories ADV dub. Holy crap, it is hilarious! Seriously, watch it, it is awesome.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Also discovered the Ghost Stories ADV dub. Holy crap, it is hilarious! Seriously, watch it, it is awesome.
Indeed.  The original show is basically just a Japanese version of Scooby-doo, aimed at the same target audience, but ADV did magical things with it.

I've been in a long-running discussion group with a bunch of friends, and our new series is Shinsekai Yori (From the New World).  Just two episodes in, and it's already setting up a very unsettling environment.  Should be interesting.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So I happened to be looking at refs for Kongo class battleships, and realized Arpeggio of Blue Steel was a thing.  Came for the warships and stayed for the lustful heavy cruiser and statuesque yet angsty battlecruiser.  Kind of silly at times and I'm not a fan of CGI Anime but it was entertaining enough for me to finish.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Looks like they just started airing the next season of DB Kai, so I'll be watching that.