Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 307196 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Awesome!  I chipped in on the Kickstarter, and the results were definitely worth it. :D So you were in the professional dub that actually aired on Toonami?  That's really sweet.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Max, I'm still trying to identify you on the Star Trek reboot :/

Also Anynewsonrobotoechmod? :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
Hey...

I actually co-produced the English dub (the pro and the backer dub) for Kick-Heart, and yeah I'm in the pro dub that was on TV. :) Glad you were a backer, Mongoose. There's footage of me in the studio doing Devil Chicken I believe... I'm a silhouette against the screen with headphones.

I got to work with Richard Epcar from Ghost in the Shell -- he's also in my film.

Dekker -- I got cut out! I was in the part where they were in engineering (actual location: Budweiser brewery off the 405.) When I went and saw it I couldn't find me. Ah the vagaries of being an extra.

-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Awww maaaaaan!! Next time, you'll get there.
(you know I was loa--jk47 on squadwa previously right?)

Currently watching spriggan again.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
Dekker you got me thinking about the old days... Squadwar!

I never was more than a mediocre pilot but I practiced hard! There were these crazy aces... do you remember them? We had one in the RN... Sleeper. It was like magic how he got so many kills... I was just trying to break even in those days. I still wonder how he did it.

Man I was really goofy back in the day. Bosch Beer, the Giant Chicken POF... then I created the Really Mean Guys squadron to make fun of some of the "evil" sounding squads. We had RMG-Puppykicker, RMG-Babykiller... we actually got on the SW map because of a no-show for a challenge... a nice puke green dot that stayed there for weeks.

But this is an anime thread... watch Kill Me Baby you won't be disappointed.

-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

I'm watching almost all the animes that gets released. (And btw, if you watched series DUBBED, shame on you)
Every new season I watch at least 1-3 episodes of all the newly released series. They are VERY few I'm prejudice against and just decide I wont watch.
I think judging a book by it's cover is wrong. I have a way where I think it's acceptable to judge a book by it's cover and decide not to see any of it.
And that is when you see the cover of the series, and you go absolutely NO. No hesitation. Just NO immediately. The cover picture gave you enough information to 100% know you will not like or you don't want to watch it.
But if any other series, you don't really know what to think, or you think you might like it or it might be boring, and time I would not be 100% sure, I would watch 1-3 episodes to give it a chance.

In my experience, I've found lots of new series to love.
So for example, the winter season I watched and/or still watching (trying to finish)
And a short short review on them.

Buddy Complex - Mecha, pilots merge to evolve their mecha units to more powerful units. Some romance. 7/10
Onee-chan ga Kita! - 4min shorts of Comedy. About a kid who gets a new weird sister. OK 5/10
Nourin - Farm High School. Girl Idol quits and enters the school. And starts living in the same dorm as one of her megafans. Romance Comedy. 7/10. Comedy is random and naughty and for me very enjoyable.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga shi'tai! Ren Second season of an epic Romance Comedy. About a girl and her friend stuck in her playful fantasies in High School. While a guy is trying to hide his past. 8/10
D-Frag! - Delinquent guy gets forced into a fake game creator club. Pure Comedy. 7/10
Hamatora - Students gone through weird training to get super natural abilities. And are kinda doing detective work to pay the bills and then it gets complicated and intresting. Interesting concept. Not very well executed though so far. 7/10
ImoCho - Fanservice series. Brother gets a new sister (not blood ofc) She gets possesed by a spirit and the spirit wants to her to fall in love with her new brother because that's the last thing she wanted to do before she pasted away. (weird I kno) If they don't do this she dies. Romance Comedy Drama. 6.5/10
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - Girl meets a temple goddess and gets her power to transform to any person. Romance Comedy. Stuff gets complicated and story evolves well. Well executed and nicely produced. 7/10
Magical Warfare - Normal High School students meets some weird magicians. When they got hit by magic, they themselves awoken their magical powers. They then leave the normal world to enter the Magical dimension of the world for different reasons. And enters a magical school. Also this magical world has been in war for a long time. 7/10. Intresting enough. Magic Action. Some comedy, some romance.
Nisekoi - Amazing Romance Comedy. Story is kinda complicated. New girl enters school. A guy gets in a fight with her for different reasons and they start to dislike each other. Only after they get to know they have to marry each other because of their Yakuza and Noble families backgrounds. While the guy is actual in love with a different girl and he has some necklace that is bound to another that this girl also have. Romance Comedy. 8/10. I think this is one is pretty well done.
Nobunaga the Fool - Weird of weirdness. You go from Samurais to Mecha to todays time. You get Leonardo da Vinci and Joanne d Arc in the series. This series is to complicated and weird for me to explain. But it only gets 5/10. I also dropped it. It's rushed. You dont really understand the purpose of anything. But to some this might be cool if you know a lot about history and wants some complicated weird ****.
Nobunagun - 8/10 EPICness of weirdness. First episode is BOUND to leave you with the biggest WTF face. Later on ofc everything gets understandable and develops well. This is supernatural action comedy series, with some bits of romance here and there. Girl dreams about samurais and then goes to school. She also have a huge interest in military vehicles, so much that she drools. One a school trip to taiwan, out of know where aliens appears and start attacking and killing people and people from her school. Some weird super human guys comes and battles the aliens. She awakens her own supernatural powers from a ball that one of the guys dropped. It's weird and EPIC.
Noragami - A girl saves a guy from being hit on the road. Only to realize that she actually died and with his help she survived but she can now enter the spirit world. And this guy happen to be a god. And those gods battle evil stray spirits of some sort. Very interesting story with comedy. Falls off sometimes because the story is more interesting then the comedy but they show more comedy. 7/10
Pupa - Horror shorts. Because of the extreme horror its really interesting. 7/10
Sekai Seifuku - A normal guy meets a small young girl who has great philosophic ideas on the rights and wrongs of the world. And she want to take over the world to fix it. She recruits this guy as well, and gets pulled into her madness.
Very intresting and well done. 8/10
SoniAni - Super Sonico finally gets her own anime. Follow the anime idol that has existed for a long time, in her own first anime. Fan service really. Big boobs... 6/10
Seitokai Yakuindomo - A guy joins a girls school that just turned coed. Girls everywhere and he is tortured by it. Mostly Comedy. It's greatly developed and keeps its interests so it gets 7/10
Tonari no Seki-kun - Amazingly funny shorts about a guy who keeps doing weird funny **** during class and his classmate next to him, a girl goes crazy about it. VERY FUNNY. 8/10
Wake Up, Girls! - Another Idol Group trying to get to fame series. Bunch of girls are in an agency, where they try to become an idol group of girls. Funny, interesting and doesn't fall off. 7/10
Wizard Barristers - A world where magical people has been intertwined with society and is more of a normal thing. A girl enters a agency of Wizard Lawyers and helps solve weird cases of magical happenings. Magic is frowned upon and and magic towards individuals are highly illegal. Sometimes any magic use is illegal. Very interesting. 8/10
Sakura Trick -  Lesbian Fanservice series, aka Yuri. Romance series about some lesbians. First they were friends but slowly getting into the lesbian parts. I find it enjoyable. 6/10
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - Romance Comedy. Very well done. A girl with a nice rack, nice child bearing hips, that likes cleaning and cooking, is forced to marry some weird dull guy from a noble family. She does not object and takes it rather positively. This weird dull guy has is funny dull moments and his little sister comes along which is a loli character that is very smart but still a kid. Lots of Comedy, wonderful innocent romance moments. 8/10
Witch Craft Works - 7/10. A normal guy gets dragged in some magic troubling fights in his school. Tho only the magicians can see the magic, and of course this guy to when he gets dragged in.
Animation very well done and story is OK. 6/10. It doesn't really get boring.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:24:44 am by Meatball »

(And btw, if you watched series DUBBED, shame on you)

[...]

I think judging a book by it's cover is wrong.

The self-contradiction here is hilarious.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken