Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305161 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
It had the same vibes as conan but with less blood and guts.  Yeah it was camp but not flamboyant 😂

It was damn flamboyant, you just didn't notice it because you were just a kid. I also skimmed a few old She-Ra episodes on youtube, and that stuff is amazingly gay, I just had never noticed it before. It's all awesome though. I like the new style, very expressive and colorful, mixing some steven universe with moebius and even avatar.

Offline Luis Dias

I'm in the episode where Bow shows Glimmer and Adora his dads. I spilled my coffee.

the dad in the left is conspicuously similar to how Bow was originally drawn in the 80s. Cute stuff.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I'm in the episode where Bow shows Glimmer and Adora his dads. I spilled my coffee.

the dad in the left is conspicuously similar to how Bow was originally drawn in the 80s. Cute stuff.

Wait to get to the episode where they do the full homage.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
A few things I watched in the last few months:

Harley Quinn
I liked that they didn't demonize Kite Man to get Ivy and Harly to be together.
It's also both awesome and funny that Gordon becomes an unhinged super badass when he's off the bottle, I hope we get more of  this series.

Transformers War for Cybetron Trilogy: Siege
It's not super bad like the Prime Wars Trilogy fortunately, it's actully pretty decent but it's made mainly for Transformers nerds and I wonder if I would have understood everything had I watched it before I started my Transformers spree a couple of years ago.
Still, it's irritating that a prominent character in the series like Ratchet is a US exclusive while the other minivan Ironhide is widely available but has barely one line.

Owl House
At first I thought it could be potentially queerbaiting given it's still Disney (who thought live action Le Fou was groundbreaking representation) but nope, they are just treating it like the classic high school crush including plenty of awkwardness-based comedy which manages to be both endearing and hilarious at the same time.
Of course they could still no-homo it into oblivion this being Disney.

Amphibia
The main plot finally moves along after a mostly episodic road trip, let's see where it goes.

Star Trek Lower Decks

Uhm, seems nice enough. Fortunately it doesn't seem to go into edginess for its own sake. Now let's just hope the usual Kurtzman way of writing sci-fi doesn't manifest itself.
Mariner seems almost a deconstruction of nuKirk, she's gifted but also completely undisciplined to the point she was rapidly relegated to be an ensign, though she did seem to have legitimately risen through the ranks at a certain point, let's see how it goes.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

I just finished watching Hibike! Euphonium (aka Sound! Euphonium). It's moe as heck, you guys. If you want a nice high-school drama based on people (mostly) being supportive of each other, you may enjoy this one. Also, some phenomenal music, as you would hope from a show about an orchestra band club.

(This is an edit, btw, there's only one point in the show where they play an entire piece start to finish.)

Also I'm right in the thick of the new season of RE: Zero, which is of course, excellent.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Armor hunter morrowlink is good fun.  Uncomplicated by things like character development or deep plot, it's full of man on foot vs Mechs.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Just watched Shinsekai Yori. It's pretty short (25 episodes) but it's a real damn rollercoaster. Very intriguing, quite brutal and serious and creates a lot of questions and many aren't answered. I loved it but my brain feels totally scronched after this.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Fantastic series.  Also I like the insinuation that 25 episodes is "pretty short" when most original anime works make it to all of 12 these days. :p

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
well i finally caught up to Seven Deadly Sins on netflix, so now im planning to watch 'Usaki-chan wanna hang out' because i read the manga and thought that I may as well watch it too

Offline Luis Dias

Lower Decks is pretty cool. I would suggest they way more than outdid The Orville at what they pretended they were about at the start but never delivered: a comedic show about a subpar ship doing unimportant things filled with a silly crew that barely do their jobs, but never letting go of that star trek heart.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Just ordered Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra combo BluRay from Amazon on the recommendation of a friend. It should get here in a few days.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
About to watch daybreak episode one of nuBSG.   Only took me 17 years to watch it past razor.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
About to watch daybreak episode one of nuBSG.   Only took me 17 years to watch it past razor.

Ah, nuBSG. I enjoyed it while I watched it when it was on TV. The ending, however...

And my BluRay of Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra complete series just arrived. Now I have to decide if I'm gonna watch that now or finish Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Man, I really want to savor the last season of GoT...

...and I'll kill anyone who gives me GoT spoilers.

Which reminds me: Dekker, don't follow that link to TvTropes and open the Live Action TV folder, or it will ruin the ending for BSG for you.

*runs*

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam

Ah, nuBSG. I enjoyed it while I watched it when it was on TV. The ending, however...

And my BluRay of Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra complete series just arrived. Now I have to decide if I'm gonna watch that now or finish Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Man, I really want to savor the last season of GoT...

The Throne lost the Game  :P

(never watched GoT)

I rewatched Neon Genesis Evangelion again. Still vastly prefer it over the newer Rebuild series.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ha, Neon Genesis Evangelion, the friggin' Trope Namer of the Gainax Ending.

Well done, sir. I salute you. :D

The Order of the Stick

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

Which reminds me: Dekker, don't follow that link to TvTropes and open the Live Action TV folder, or it will ruin the ending for BSG for you.

*runs*

Never went beyond its first season but watch GoT first then the cartoons and marvel at them being probably better written than a lot of stuff for "grownups".

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
GoT cartoons???

I wonder if they're prone to amplification of womens assets?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Luis Dias

NuBSG is great on its first two seasons. I don't care about what happens next.

In other news, I finally watched The Boys. Holy ****, it's the best punch on Snyders stomach i could think of. It's basically The League of Justice written by a Marxist. It's ****ing great! I love it! Dark as he'll, be warned, but Carl Urban is just amazing.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
It is great,  but it took me three episodes to wrangle his accent 😂
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Just ordered Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra combo BluRay from Amazon on the recommendation of a friend. It should get here in a few days.

If you enjoy them, watch The Dragon Prince too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]