Author Topic: Alien Swarm free on Monday  (Read 20030 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Alien Swarm free on Monday
Free games don't count since that was the point of the discussion. You have to have paid for something in order to add friends to your steam account.
Portal would have counted, though, since it's a retail game, and the free promotion was only for a limited time.

And I concur with the consensus: if there's nothing on Steam that interests you, you have no place calling yourself a gamer. :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Free games don't count since that was the point of the discussion. You have to have paid for something in order to add friends to your steam account.
Portal would have counted, though, since it's a retail game, and the free promotion was only for a limited time.

And I concur with the consensus: if there's nothing on Steam that interests you, you have no place calling yourself a gamer. :p

but that dont mean its the best way to get those games ;)
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Portal didn't count.  My brother got a steam account with free Portal as well as HL2: Deathmatch and HL2: Lost Coast.  He still can't add friends to his friends list or join Steam groups, he has to pay for something first.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
but that dont mean its the best way to get those games ;)

Yes, because you're so likely to get it for discount anywhere else. Like the whole Summer Stay Indoors sale that discounted practically everything on Steam.

...oh wait.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Finally just decided to force (redid Cargo Bay over and over on singleplayer) the Tesla Cannon Achievement.  Ridiculous, expecting anyone to get it otherwise.

Oh, and:

Solo perfected Landing Bay on hard difficulty using the flamethrower and tesla cannon.  :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Finally just decided to force (redid Cargo Bay over and over on singleplayer) the Tesla Cannon Achievement.  Ridiculous, expecting anyone to get it otherwise.

I had it long before that. :P I think I did it before the other weapon achievements.

A Feddie Story

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars

I had it long before that. :P I think I did it before the other weapon achievements.

Back before it was nerfed? :P
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

I don't think the Tesla cannon was nerfed, just the trap.

A Feddie Story

Offline Lucika

I don't think the Tesla cannon was nerfed, just the trap.

Quote from: Alien Swarm News
The major changes include:
Fixed ammo usage on the Tesla Cannon to properly decrease 4 times a second instead of 2 (doubled clip size to account for this).
Rebalanced Tesla Cannon’s damage to encourage it to be used more as a support weapon.
Tesla Cannon will now use ammo slowly even when it isn’t damaging something.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I nearly one-manned the cargo elevator on Hard with the PDWs. Right as it parked, though, I ran out of ammo.

And there's one more wave while the side bridge drops.

A Feddie Story

Offline mxlm

Onslaught is fun. Liberally peppers the levels with parasites and shield bugs, at least on hard, and then throws in enormohordes every so often for good measure.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dunno. Could be that I'm SANE.

I think the rest of reality would dispute that. Particularly since Portal was free for awhile.

Never tried Portal. Don't have the time or inclination.. Prolly should tough.

I suppose he'll crap all over his beloved SotS too? That's available off Steam. Along with a crapload of other stuff that wasn't made by Valve. I haven't used it to purchase a single Valve product myself.

I do have the SOTS complete collection...bought off gamersgate. F'course I don't play multi much.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Lucika

Onslaught is fun. Liberally peppers the levels with parasites and shield bugs, at least on hard, and then throws in enormohordes every so often for good measure.

Apparently no one has finished the campaign on Brutal Onslaught yet. Can't say I'm surprised :D