Author Topic: FSO keyboard Controls List Question  (Read 2765 times)

FSO keyboard Controls List Question
it would be helpful to have a keyboard control list in text here. i was also wondering if there were any keys that FSO adds, or are the controls the standard FS2 set with no modification?
i think i recall a feature or two being removed, so i didnt know if any were added. im attempting to make an up to date X52 .pr0 profile (used for ALL saitek controllers now, even the st290. the ".dat"  format is no longer accepted by the programming software, and the lazy bums at saitek never finished their promised dat to pr0 conversion tool.)

anyway, i searched around the site for a while and couldnt find any listing. thanks to gog and even www.replacementdocs.com (the best little site for hard to find manuals and game resources, even hint/strategy guides for older games) i have the list for fs2, i just wanted to know if there were any new functions or controls i should be aware of.

thanks in advance. (yay, i managed to keep this post from turning into a novel! now if i could just manage to do that with my other posts....)

EDIT: i was also wondering if the cheats still made it so that you couldnt finish a mission? (some sources say you can use them on certain missions, some cant, its all kinda confusing.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:43:13 pm by Volyren Nightsong »
"Think you've got what it takes to beat me? HA! You don't have a paper dog's chance of catching an asbestos cat in Hell."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: FSO keyboard Controls List Question
Almost all the retail cheats still work (except for the destroy target subsystem one, I think?).

And yes, using some will make some missions unbeatable (making a ship that is supposed to be destroyed invulnerable, for example, or destroying a ship that has to survive).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Kie99

Unless you do something stupid like, as E says, destroying a ship that has to survive or making one invulnerable that has to die, you can go straight through the missions with no problem.  In Freespace 1 you couldn't progress through the campaign if you used cheats, but in Freespace 2 that does not happen - you can use cheats in any mission you like.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
As far as I know only FS1 had a control guide for the keyboard.  I attached a copy.  Controls were pretty much the same.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
thanks for that card that will be helpful. i have had that around for some time, but i am sure it will help out those who don't have it.
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I dont suppose it would be possible to take screenshots of the control list of a fresh pilot and kind of patch one together? It might take some time, but it could even be done in Paint.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

actually, i have the keyboard layout pdf for freespace 2, i was basically asking if anyone knew of any commands ADDED by FSO. or ones that were REMOVED.
if anyone needs the freespace 2 keyboard layout i can post that here later.
"Think you've got what it takes to beat me? HA! You don't have a paper dog's chance of catching an asbestos cat in Hell."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Almost all the retail cheats still work (except for the destroy target subsystem one, I think?).

And yes, using some will make some missions unbeatable (making a ship that is supposed to be destroyed invulnerable, for example, or destroying a ship that has to survive).
Destroy subsystem works.
There's ~u which I remember used to spawn asteroids whenever it didn't make the game crash.