Author Topic: FRED Tutorials on YouTube  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
FRED Tutorials on YouTube
Goober sent me this, so I'm sharing it here :-)

This guy made a series of FRED2 tutorial videos that should be featured...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopocfIsWjLKrfVPHzRig6g
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Re: FRED Tutorials on YouTube
Yeah, I just commented on this guy's videos on this thread today. His first recommendation in his first video is to write a mission (and campaign) script on a word processor and spell check everything before you even start FRED. As I said on that post as well: I love this guy. Mission quality would shoot up 300% just by people taking the time to take that simple step. (And yes, I know that 300% is a number I just pulled out of my ass, but seriously, if modders used spell-checking more often, it would prevent a lot of head-deskings.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 05:14:49 pm by Su-tehp »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
True :-)

Or ask for help from their friendly neighbourhood proof-reader  ;7
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
True :-)

Or ask for help from their friendly neighbourhood proof-reader  ;7

Heh, there's only so much I can do in a certain amount of time.  ;)
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Thank you for the compliments. Glad you like my videos.