Author Topic: Seeing Double  (Read 1236 times)

Offline BigReg

Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully it's in the right place. Somehow after I've loaded the Blue Planet mod in the launcher I've managed to spawn a second HUD. I don't know how I accomplished this great feat... It was pretty strange having two sets of text, weapons, targets etc.!

I've loaded fs2_open_3_6_17_SSE2_BP.exe as the launcher and blueplanet2 as the mod file, I don't remember pressing anything else.
I checked some other mods (transcend and derelict) and these seemed fine, so the problem only seems to be Blue Planet.
I've tried reinstalling it, re-downloading the launcher and now I'm out of ideas. The strange thing is it used to work just fine.
Hopefully someone here will know what I've managed to do!
Thanks in advance.

P.S
This is a fantastic mod. The deep and engaging story, great characters and varied missions, I look forward to playing act 3!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You'll need to crank up your resolution, or install a new hud table that supports lower resolutions. There's one floating around here somewhere.

What res are you currently running at?

Offline Yarn

First of all, the build that you're using is obsolete and has a number of serious bugs. Use this build instead.

Now to fix your HUD problem. Let me guess: You're running a non-widescreen resolution that's at least 1280x720. The problem is caused by an error in Blue Planet 2's HUD table that makes both the 4:3 and 16:10 HUDs appear in this scenario. To fix this, download this and extract it to blueplanet2\data\tables (create those folders if they don't exist).
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline BigReg

I've just tried out the fixes and it seems to have done the trick! Makes sense now I think about it since I've changed from using the tv as a monitor to a square shaped one.
Thanks for the help, I was properly stumped!