Author Topic: Age of Aquarius: performance issue  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Dissi

Age of Aquarius: performance issue
Hello,
bevor I describe my problem, i have to say that I'm new to the game, I played only the story of Fc2 with the Source Code Project yet and my englisch ist not the best.
After i played the story I installed Blue Planet AoA by this Guide, but i have big performance problems since the first skip video, it isn't play able.
When i change the light effects in the Free Space 2 options from 5 to 4 it is ok but i don't want to paly with lower grafik.
My System is:

Intel Core i7 2600k
AMD 7970
8 Gb DDR 3

I hope you can help me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Age of Aquarius: performance issue
Sounds like your rig is having trouble with the special lighting options on the BP builds.

You should install the BP Compatibility Package pinned at the top of this forum (place bp-compat in your blueplanet folder, then place bp2-compat in your blueplanet2 folder).

Then get a recent build - I suggest this one - place it in your FS2 folder, select it in the launcher, and play. Should be better.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Offline Dissi

I also thought that i try the compatibility package with an other build (Freespace 2 SCP i played with night build 3.7.1 10705, BP with 3.6.17 (BP) SSE2) but will the use off an other non BP Builds or the compatibility package don't lower my visual grafik than an BP build?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It will disable a few graphical features, but they're experimental systems with huge performance hit relative to their looks. I think a smooth framerate looks much better than a few extra lights.

Offline Dissi

Ok, but i want to play the blue planet mod with full detail, there is no other way to get it play able with a BP build?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No.

Offline Dissi

Is it not better to lower then the Lighting Effect before install that Compatibility Package?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The game will probably look better with the compat package installed than with the lighting detail significantly lowered. It's ultimately your call. I think you're worrying too much about very, very slight graphical changes.

Offline Dissi

Ok with that update all is normal.. 120 fps in first skip video ty for that help.