Author Topic: FS2 StarWars  (Read 32580 times)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Are you guys in any way needing a fredder / weapons designer? I like what I see here so far and I'm just curious if I could contribute in some small way.

Add, some-what-a-renderer-but-nothing-with-too-many-textures to that list above.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2002, 06:50:17 pm by 798 »
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Solatar

I seem to remember somebody at F2S doing a star Wars MOD. I think it was Galactic Emperor. It wasn't a bad MOD. the best i've seen (As far as conversions go, except the Babylon project). You might want to contact him when F2S goes back up.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Hmm, when f2s comes back I'll probably be doing stuff for TI, so I'll wait and see.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Solatar

I could never find anything for TI. No page, no info either.

Originally posted by Hades

I got a book that has info on all the ships in both the moves and the comics, and it has tech like info like who made it and good larg ship diregrams.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
actually we are just waiting for hlp hosting
as soon as we get it we will move/update this: http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
and organize in the new forum all the modders efforts, actually that means mainly me (models-textures), galactic emperor(tables, fred, weapons, old mod for fs1 conversion, sounds and organizing material), greywolf(models) and blackwolf(anis and general artwork)
a lot of people (stargunner and a lot of others others) proposed themselfes for giving us an hand, i always said to wait for the opening of the forum, but things are getting extremely long..sorry about that
of course what we mostly need are modellers and texturers but also fredders, table editors and pof editors may be useful since the job to do is..uh..huge:)
now, suggestion for job applications:
1 post here reporting what you are able to do and what you are willing to do
2 contact with private messages or email:
me ([email protected]) for modeller/texturers,
galactic emperor for tables, weapons, sounds, pof editors
black wolf for anis and interface/hud artwork

about fredders, the problem actually is that we still don't have enough ships to build campaigns/missions but maybe we may start now with different ships that will be substituted further..i have a couple of ideas for some missions...if you have some ideas too...well we may discuss about it:)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Hades

We had a 10 page topic in Gen FS which had the top spot there for about a month, beforeit got moved to our own forum, with the name Twisted Infinities emblazened across the forums list, inside which were several links to the website, and it was announced twice (I think) on the news page of F2S.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I've made the loadout screens for the three TIE ships I have, but I haven't made an X or Y wing one yet as I have the old FS1 models of these ships not the nice new ones. So I'll send along the screens I have, and wait for the new models of the X and Y wing to make some more.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hey Karma, those loadout Anis on the website - are they single frame? If so, I mighht be able to make them look a little better and still maintain the look you have now...

Basically, instead of this

have this

It's a technique I discovered when trying to do a design sheet for the Orion, and it looks sweet. So, give te word and I'll make one for all the ships I have. I'll keep all the angles and stuff that you have on there currently of course. If they're multiframe though, I'm screwed (I'm too lazy I guess :) ).

Also, did you have a look at that Xwing Icon  I did? IT's ok, but I'm not happy with it. If you think it's acceptable though, I'll make others in it's vein.

Hmmm...anything else? I've dispatched that email...but you'd know that by now. Nope, that's it :).
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
well consider that actually i don't have on my pc the old loadout screens(they were static btw..), they were done by a friend, but he disappeared, and i don't think i will be able to retrieve them soon....if you want to redo them in the way you preferr...well you can:)
about the anis, i'm extremely sorry for the BIG delay.....no excuses for that:)
btw, i tried to get a look at http://tema_al_diablo.tripod.com//xwingint.ani but link wasn't working, send it to me via mail ([email protected] , i alreadty have the shields icons) and i'll check it

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
lol, i just checked mail and there was yours:)
nice work, really...only thing... the tf model..try with the one here that has the same " style" of the ti and td: http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo/pofs.zip http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo/maps.zip (copy-paste if it doesn't work)
and you will get soon the xwing (hopefully:))

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt

;7 ;7
as said in the other thread it has some problems in collisions, some faces seems not "solid" althought there are no holes and no clipping , i still have to verify if it does the same shooting on it
btw.....
well its cool:)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Beeeaaaauuuutiful! :D :yes:

Are there going to be thruster glows? I know they're not in SW but hey.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Finally, the last canon planetary background! Download GEONOSIS now!
Implementation needs some explaining. Unlike most planets where you have a single PCX and a single BitmapX entry in the stars.tbl, Geonosis has rings. I did this as a transparent bitmap, like the nebula backgrounds we all know and love. So, in the stars.tbl we'll need
Code: [Select]

BitmapX: Geonosis1
Bitmap: Geonosis2

and have both backgrounds in the same scale, position, and orientation for it to work in-game. The good news is that it looks friggin' sweet and we have all the planets now. (Although the original Death Star needs work.) Enjoy.

Hmm, double post. Evil me. Maybe I just want to get to 1000 before I leave. :snipe:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Finally, the last canon planetary background! Download GEONOSIS now!
Implementation needs some explaining. Unlike most planets where you have a single PCX and a single BitmapX entry in the stars.tbl, Geonosis has rings. I did this as a transparent bitmap, like the nebula backgrounds we all know and love. So, in the stars.tbl we'll need
Code: [Select]

BitmapX: Geonosis1
Bitmap: Geonosis2

and have both backgrounds in the same scale, position, and orientation for it to work in-game. The good news is that it looks friggin' sweet and we have all the planets now. (Although the original Death Star needs work.) Enjoy.

Hmm, double post. Evil me. Maybe I just want to get to 1000 before I leave. :snipe: [/B]

You will all flip over this I got the FS1 TBL for the TIE Fighter off V watch and converted it works good to!, and I got the Guns workign like they should, and they look nice.:D ;) (gos to take screenshots!)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2002, 12:00:24 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Beeeaaaauuuutiful! :D :yes:

Are there going to be thruster glows? I know they're not in SW but hey.

it should have red glows, btw i'm not going to spend much time editing the pof, i'll just put lasers then i'll start another ship, you may at least import the pof data of the older versions of the xwing

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
You mean you aren't going to put subsystems or anything on it? I could do that if you want, when you send it to me for the loadout screen stuff. Also, make sure you remember to put a support ship dockpoint on it - I don't think the old X wing (Jake Logans I think) had one, so it was screwy in game.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
the reason for i'm not spending too much time on it isn't ONLY because i'm terribly lazy:rolleyes: but becuase i'm slow as hell and i think its better since i'm the only texturer to concentrate on this, when there are a lot of ppl that can do pof/table editing

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
ok, i've tested it and althought it isnt completely "solid" in collisions it is enough solid to being hitted when you fire on it, all over its surface...
more screenshots for the pleasure of your eyes and your modems:

say hallo, r2!

ehy i was coming from the right, who teached you how to fly?

thrusters(should be red obviously):
« Last Edit: August 10, 2002, 04:55:12 pm by 433 »

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell