Author Topic: ULTRA hi-res maps avaliable!  (Read 9339 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
ULTRA hi-res maps avaliable!
I'll DL Diamondgeezer's hi-res zipfile in a minute or so but, as much as I hate to admit ignorance, I'm completely clueless about this registry thingie. What do I have to do with this to get the hi-res files to work for FS2?
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Su-tehp
I'll DL Diamondgeezer's hi-res zipfile in a minute or so...

:confused:

And does anybody rememebr the link to that zip with the auto reg-fixers?

[EDIT] Karajorma does -> Click!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 07:14:16 pm by 170 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
there was one with the babylon project demo.
And I still can't understand why people want that map pack ( unless you don't own FS1 of course )
SCREW CANON!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
A delightfully and superbly executed p1mp, diamondgeezer.  You do the campaign proud.

Well, he did get special training.

Offline Xers

I have the DVD version, but my DVD drive got messed up quite awhile back ago and haven't gotten another one yet. I use my PS2 to play DVD movies now :D Or I would look up this trails thing for you.

And to the ppl looking for the dvd version you might be able to find the DVD version on ebay. That's where I got mine from.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll DL Diamondgeezer's hi-res zipfile in a minute or so but, as much as I hate to admit ignorance, I'm completely clueless about this registry thingie. What do I have to do with this to get the hi-res files to work for FS2?

The is a guide on how to do it somewhere on this board. The link is in the technical section of my FAQ.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by aldo_14

Well, he did get special training.

;7

:thepimp:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok, I made the changes through RegEdit that Setekh suggested on his tutorial thread. God knows this will help when the players of my upcoming campaign have to go up against another SD Lucifer. Those new maps look damn nice, but I'll have to test them later. Right now, I gotta go work out. A certain lady inspired me to take better care of myself.

My life isn't all Freespace and law school...;7 :lol:

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ummm...Ok.

I tested the Lucifer in-game with the new hi-res files. I also looked at the FS1 Shivan fighters with the hi-res files in the techroom database.

Ummm...ok. Ok. Ok.

Gimme me a sec here....

After testing these hi-res files, I just have this to say:

WHERE THE HELL IS THE :JAW: SMILIE WHEN I NEED IT????

I have NEVER seen the SD Lucifer look so crisp!

My God, these ships looked AWESOME with the high-res files!!! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS SOONER!?!?!

Oh, wait...you did. :D

Diamondgeezer, you are truly a saint. Thanks for letting me know about this stuff. :nod:

Hey, didn't you and Aldo make some high-res files for some of the Reciprocity mods? Is there a still-working link to any of that stuff? I don't think the Reciprocity website has a working link to it anymore...

The Order of the Stick

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I have that stupid DVD... peice of crap was an OEM for the P3 processor... and I have an AMD Duron...

I had to get the fs1.exe whatever from Sandwich, and I didn't realize it cut out afterburner trails...

could anyone crack my FS1 OEM to work on a Duron?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Hey, didn't you and Aldo make some high-res files for some of the Reciprocity mods? Is there a still-working link to any of that stuff? I don't think the Reciprocity website has a working link to it anymore...

There are some reskins in the Reciprocity page. If you mean the ones that got tossed out, I think that's what the COW site is for.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
I have that stupid DVD... peice of crap was an OEM for the P3 processor... and I have an AMD Duron...

I had to get the fs1.exe whatever from Sandwich, and I didn't realize it cut out afterburner trails...

could anyone crack my FS1 OEM to work on a Duron?

You mean it was compiled only for P3? eeeeeeewwwww *screws up face* nasty!
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by vyper

You mean it was compiled only for P3? eeeeeeewwwww *screws up face* nasty!

I know exactly how you feel...  Stupid Intel. *curses intel to H-E-double toothpix*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Here's a place that sells Freespace DVD
Click me
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Fafner

Hey!
thats plenty good of you GalacticEmperor :nod: , downloading now.
vbb survivor with 501 posts, registered november 1999

Offline Raptor

FINALLY, I have thoose high-res maps, and all i will say is:

COOOLLLLL!!!!!!:cool: :nod: :D

Of course, now I have to go back and make all those minor tweaks I made to the low-res maps again........

Now, all we need are maps of the same standard for the ships from FS2, and we will be cooking!!!!:thepimp:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, yeah, but the FS2 large ships use tiled textures, not full-ship ones like FS1 did. Making a set of hi-res maps for the Deimos won't be as noticeable. Hi res fighter and bomber maps, though; now there's a challenge.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Raptor

Okay, will someone please tell me how to get these textures working?:confused: (game will not run missions now, but the craft show up just fine in modveiw and the tech database:mad: )

I HAVE used that link to get the registery hacks, but I have not got a clue about what it is going on about.:sigh:

Surely the system can cope with these higher Res maps without having to mess with things I dont know anything about!
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Solatar

What are your system specs?

Offline Raptor

Operating System: Windows 98
CPU speed: 400 MHz (Fujitsu AMD-K6 3D  if you really want to know)
256MB RAM, with a 32 bit visual.
And Voodoo 3(000, I think), 3Dfx mode

Okay, it is old spec by todays standard, but it does all that I want it to do right now (well, apart from 'Battle of Endor' type things, which run REALLY SLOWLY!)

Any help?