Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 229853 times)

Offline snachito

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
Re: Official new people thread!
Hello all, I'm Snachito.....new here and TOTAL NOOB to FS2 I mean I am GREEN!!!!! I actually saw a thread on a WWII flight sim game then I saw another thread on a bodybuilding forum I belong to (it was about gaming) and the FS2 game kept on popping up as the best space flight sim game PERIOD!!! So I had to check it out and saw videos on youtube and said "WOW"!!!! Then I was told to come here for the real deal info and again I was amazed and said "WOW"!!! Thank you fellas who work/worked hard to get this game to where it is today "WOW"!! :D

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Hello!

TheHound is here! Nobody know, I know :D

I was using the HLP for quite some time, i only took time now to register...

Downloading ship models, checking out on tables specifications, and all that technical stuff to do with FRED and all aligned, its was very useful and I thank all of you for contributing to this wonderful website about wonderful game: FS2O :)

I've been through some greatest creations in the community here, Blue Planet (ELITE OF ELITE, BEST OF THE BEST, when will be the next chapter !?) , Inferno, Dimensional Eclipse, FS-Port with all add-ons, and some other campaigns i don't recall at the moment :D

With greatly inspired by the possibilities of the engine, and seeing those miracles you managed to develop, I was looking myself into this modding community and began to learn about FRED, and later, about all the stuff that could be added (Like custom ships, Music, armor and weapons types).
I regret that I was lacking enough creativity and skill, and back boned most of my training with the files from other projects, table files, and so similar :/

But I hope one day, I will learn enough to make something from scratch up... Along with table files creation (for ships mostly!) and model creation (3D artwork, ship models and 2D artwork, like mission briefing anims).

I launched my first so spoke Project about month, the Venece Mirror Project, my very own mod that I wish to complete and launch here on, because... I want to try it :)

I hope I will finish it one day :D
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Welcome aboard! Glad you enjoyed BP, but remember, it's just one work in a whole community. Like a lot of great campaigns, BP draws on the hard work of others - and hopefully contributes as well. If you haven't checked out other luminaries like Vassago's Dirge, Wings of Dawn, The Antagonist, Shadow Genesis, and more, I encourage you to give them a spin.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
You're sure that I will check them out when I get enough time to download them all :D Maybe I will find some great solutions that I can adapt in my project :D
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Shivore

• Acrophobiac
    • Minecraft
Good day everyone!

I just got hooked on this game again since I played the stripped down version of this game that came with the joystick set (the name of it eludes me). I have to say that this game certainly exploded since then. Does anyone have any recommendations for a novice?

~Shivore
Tenebrae in memoria, in lucem Somnium

If I EVER find out someone named a ship the Peleliu, I will personally render said ship into FREE FLOATING MOLECULES!!!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:welcomered:

I'd suggest reading of this post.  It'll give you some good ideas for campaigns to play.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Shivore

• Acrophobiac
    • Minecraft
Thanks Niffiwan. I'll be sure to take a look and get a few of them for myself.

~Shivore
Tenebrae in memoria, in lucem Somnium

If I EVER find out someone named a ship the Peleliu, I will personally render said ship into FREE FLOATING MOLECULES!!!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:welcomesilver:

Hi there Shivore! :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Vellos0x1

• What goes here?
    • Steam
I am so new

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Welcome to HLP, is free, is beauty, and has a very nice community...   :)

Offline SpaceOddity

Hi all,

I used these Forums extensively when working out how to get the Open stuff in place, and managed to get wxLauncher up and running, the MVPs and sort out the graphics settings.   I love the work being done here, and I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the work done.   I'm also looking forward to trying out the 2014 MVPs, and am impressed that people continue to dedicate their time to the game even now.

Rather looking forward to seeing what other work is out there and maybe having a poke and play with a few mods.   You probably won't hear much from me on the Forums, unless I ever try my hand at modding, and then it will likely involve a lot of me crying into a bucket as I realise I'm nowhere near talented enough ; )

Regards,

SpaceOddity.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Modding is easy. It's loving that's hard.

Offline apemax

• My Blog
Hi all. :)

Finally decided to join after getting FreeSpace 2 last year and being hooked ever since.  :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome: :)

S! Smitty reporting for duty Sir...
                                                       Just wanted to say Thanks again to all the nice Pilots that helped me trouble shoot Port so i could replay 1+E and then go on to replay 2 in all its glory... my final install is still a work in progress--but i do have one working copy to fly in the meantime. What a great bunch of people who still love the greatest space-sim out there... S!

WE HAVE A THREAD FOR THIS?!

Of course we do... Well better late then never aye?

I'm Piemanlives, slight lurker and voice of almost reason. I've been around since about 2011, though only recently registered for an account, so go easy on me alright?

Greetings all!
Newly registered at HLP but have been on the FSO wagon before.
Just coming back now and hooked, again. Thank you everyone for all the hard
work that goes into this! So jazzed to be playing FS again!
I'm in Vendetta Online as well and avidly awaiting Star Citizen.

:yes:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Go and sign up with the hard light brigade!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline spazzzz1990

HELP i suck with comp stuff, i have fs open n mediavps12 mod working , but i want to get the original freespace campaign and a list of other campaigns downloaded and working , as i said im horrible with stuff, my email is brandonmccu1990@gmail if you can take the time please give me some help

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
Hello all,

This is my first time on HLP.  I love Freespace 1&2 easily my favorite games of all time.  When I was about 14(14 years ago) years old I used to make missions for my brothers to play.

Anyway I picked up the game again from GOG and it brought back great memory’s.  Then I found this site online and figured great! More people have already added on to this game.  I need to play some mods!

Anyways happy to be onboard!