Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141166 times)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
Clearly not since it has defined rotation times and a max speed of 25m/s.
Plus the shipyard model itself is longer than 2 clicks. I guess this is resized Vexor, or one of Cadius' models.
...You guys, the description makes quite clear that it's based on the Murugan.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Snarks

What is it about Nagari tempering that enables the formation of the UEF and council of elders, which is hinted to be an unnatural development?

Who exactly are the Vishnans, and why do they exist?

How did Laporte end up playing such a seeming pivotal role in the conflict, and what happens if she were to die?

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Will we get the chance to take out any more of the major antagonist  TEV assets? Atreus, Imperieuse, Serkr team being the obvious examples but a certain Vasudan admiral also comes to mind.

Is a TEV victory in the war a definite FED defeat or will the finale be a bit more ambiguous than that?

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

To make things easier for battua:

Hidden Text: Show

I forgot, what is Severanti doing right now?

Is it likely that, at the culmination of the Sol War, both sides will believe that they have won?

Is it likely that, at the culmination of the Sol War, both sides will believe that they have won?

Is both sides a fair assessment of the complexities involved or can the non human factions be seen as their own 'sides'?

What is Ken's goal?

What were the Vishnans trying to accomplish during the events of AoA? What are their overall goals?

EDIT:

An emergent and inevitable property of metacognition in a rechnender raum incorporating the full Tegmark III ensemble. At the largest scales of computation, consciousness becomes a fatal pathology.

Did the great darkness destroy the Brahmans?

How's Bosch doin'?

What is it about Nagari tempering that enables the formation of the UEF and council of elders, which is hinted to be an unnatural development?

Who exactly are the Vishnans, and why do they exist?

How did Laporte end up playing such a seeming pivotal role in the conflict, and what happens if she were to die?

Will we get the chance to take out any more of the major antagonist  TEV assets? Atreus, Imperieuse, Serkr team being the obvious examples but a certain Vasudan admiral also comes to mind.

Is a TEV victory in the war a definite FED defeat or will the finale be a bit more ambiguous than that?

1: How will the heat death of the universe affect the Shivans?

This next ones a bit out there.   :drevil:

2: Let's say I (out of spite) encrypted "Alpha 1 giving middle finger.png" into the DNA of a highly extremophilic Terran microbe artificially modified to live in the atmosphere of a Y-class brown dwarf; and thus allowing them to survive into heath death longer then any other form of life; would these "Terran lifeforms" survive the Shivans via technicality and be able to mock/insult the Shivans on a personal level via Alpha 1's angry likeness living on in their genetic code?

Or is this quest for galactic bragging rights just a hollow victory gone to far?   :p

If Baru Cormorant would be part of the BP universe, what would she be doing and how ****ed would the people she's doing it to be?

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Any "chance" of a final battle between the two "big ships" (AoA)? ;)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Plus the shipyard model itself is longer than 2 clicks. I guess this is resized Vexor, or one of Cadius' models.
I hope not. I guess this ship is quite important for the storyline, so it should be unique and recognizable.

Reverend oracle! Tell us what the future have for us! Is this ship based on Murugan?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I formally object to antagonist being applied to TEV.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

I hope not. I guess this ship is quite important for the storyline, so it should be unique and recognizable.

Reverend oracle! Tell us what the future have for us! Is this ship based on Murugan?
We know how the Murugan looks, that does not look like one.
For all we know, the hull was used, so it is possible, that the Murugan is Shambala and that thing is a mobile construction facilty.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
We know how the Murugan looks, that does not look like one.
For all we know, the hull was used, so it is possible, that the Murugan is Shambala and that thing is a mobile construction facilty.

Guys, the image caption on the wiki page says "Saab shipyards". That should give you a hint as to what you're looking at.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Even if you agree with their actions, they are the antagonists of the War in Heaven story (well, the physical war part of it) by virtue of opposing the protagonist.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I thought Saab got blown up?

Offline Darius

The article also makes mention of Simak station.

the uex maitreya is an army of the angry ghosts of destroyed UEF stations
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I thought Saab got blown up?

My understanding is that they are a subsidiary of Volkswagen.

Saab is destroyed in the epilogue of Darkest Hour ("Can anyone confirm the Saab shipyards are gone?" on FLEETNET), yup. The obvious conclusion is that the ship already exists.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Is Ricardo cannon

(Not the oracle, but...)

Loosely.
On the next assiding episode of Ricardo Laporte's Exigent Adventures, our hero discover a corruptions in the fleet commands that go all the way to the top. To stop these bastardos, he most once again go rouge and infiltrate the Miami drag scene.

Spoiler:
ESTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELE!!!!!

Offline CT27

Even if you agree with their actions, they are the antagonists of the War in Heaven story (well, the physical war part of it) by virtue of opposing the protagonist.

What you're saying is "antagonist" does not necessarily equal "bad guys", correct?

Protagonist and Antagonist are terms that refer to perspective more than motivation. You can have a villain protagonist and a hero antagonist. For example, in a movie where you're following a mass murderer going around murdering people he's the protagonist while the detective trying to stop him is the antagonist.

Or in most multiplayer games you can take control of an 'evil' faction and fight the good guys. When you're playing counterstrike for half the game the Terrorists trying to blow **** up are the protagonists of that game and the CTs are the antagonists.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

What you're saying is "antagonist" does not necessarily equal "bad guys", correct?

Correct.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Wow that escalated quickly