Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221480 times)

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
About tonight's game: There's no new 3.6.10 build out, so I see no reason to refind the bugs we found last weekend. However, if noone minds I'd like just one game running 3.6.10 with in-game joining enabled in the launcher, as I'd like to try joining a game in progress and see how far it has come. And get a good, useful debug log after it crashes, probably :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Good with me. I'll be joining around 10:30 GMT.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
About tonight's game: There's no new 3.6.10 build out, so I see no reason to refind the bugs we found last weekend. However, if noone minds I'd like just one game running 3.6.10 with in-game joining enabled in the launcher, as I'd like to try joining a game in progress and see how far it has come. And get a good, useful debug log after it crashes, probably :p

Sounds good to me. That should probably only take a few minutes. Make sure you have the ingame joining command line flag enabled though. It may be necessary for both the host and clients to have it on.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
ok so 3.610 with ingame joining on , that works for me , see you there
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Sounds good to me. That should probably only take a few minutes. Make sure you have the ingame joining command line flag enabled though. It may be necessary for both the host and clients to have it on.

Only the server needs it. Won't hurt to have it turned on for a client though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

Well, it still crashes. But at least the logs shoud help pinpoint the problem.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Playing now?

Offline Shade

Yes. But rarely check boards while playing so http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/ is a good site for finding out :)

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Was a good game tonight CPS thanks for hosting! I'm gonna fgollow u round like a lil pup until I get 79/79 kills...
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yes. But rarely check boards while playing so http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/ is a good site for finding out :)
That's how I swing.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Sorry I bowed out so early - I hit F4 in mission and it locked up the game... had to kill the process in the Task Manager.  Then, when I attempted to rejoin, I got about 50 mission bug errors so the join process kept timing out.  I think there are some problems with that mission.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
NNNOOOOoooooo i missed it  :(

ah well, i hope i can get to a multi game
Signed, me

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
How did the in-game joining go?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
thanks guys great games last night, i made commander and another medal, sorry i had to bow out so early it had been a very long weak of teaching, rehearsing and shows, hope im in better form next week.....

thanks..........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
How did the in-game joining go?

Same problem as 3.6.9 unfortunately. Shade said the game crashed for him at the end of the mission loading sequence, but he got a debug log from it. Hopefully it will be useful.

Offline Shade

Yeah, CTD before I even got to ship selection. I've added all the logs and error messages to the already-existing mantis bug on it (bug 1244).

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hey Cole, can u put me in on the calendar to host a regular game on wednesdays at 9pm GMT? Location: London England! We played just now and it worked fine! Thanks, much appreciated!
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Already done days go.

Offline Shade

Should have my new gauntlet mission ready for tonight. I've made lots of large and small changes based on the input from when we tested it a few weeks ago, so it should be getting close to a release version :)

[Edit] Saw a lot of mission transfers last time, so here's a zip with the three 12 player conversions and one accidental 8 player conversion in their most recent versions that I know of, and my own gauntlet in its new and improved version (probably not quite final, but it's close - I hope to get a full runthrough of it tonight) thrown in for good measure. Extract the zip to your freespace mission directory and you should be good to go for tonight.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:07:50 pm by Shade »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Cool, I got the missions. :)

The Talon_m01b one can be dropped by the way. I had converted the Gamma wing in it into player ships, without realizing that it was originally only 6 players and I had only managed to bump it up to 8. :p

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the annoying daylight savings time changes start tomorrow at midnight. Depending on where you live, this may actually happen during our games. Note that we will start playing exactly four hours from now.