Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

Update 13/2/22(Still Alive) Working on new B5 mod.

(1/12) > >>

starbug:
So i have given myself a small project to do. I love Babylon 5 and i love the Babylon Project, fantastic mod. But i want to have a go at doing a mini B5 mod myself. To improve my modelling/texturing and coding skills.

I am going to start of with making only a very small number of ships:

UPDATED ship list as of 7/1/22
UPDATE 23/1/22 Olympus in game and just now working on a release.

EA Starfury - In game and working
EA Hyperion/Midwinter - In game and working
EA Nova - In game and working
EA Orion Station - In game and working
EA Asimov - In game and working
EA Achilles Freighter - In game and working
EA Achilles Medium Freighter - In game and working
EA Achilles Fuel Tanker - In game and working
Raider Zephyr - In game and working
Raider Cruiser - In game and working
Shadow Battlecrab - In game and working
EA Thunderbolt - In game and working
EA Badger - In game and working
EA Omega - In game and working
EA Omega X - In game and working
EA Olympus - In game and working
EA Shuttles - Blueprints Complete

I am focusing on the EA as their ships are pretty easy in terms of modelling i think, and i only need to make one set as the missions i am going to do are set around the EA civil war.

I would be very grateful for any words of wisdom or tips for doing a mini TC

Trivial Psychic:
Looking good, but I do suggest that you take your cues from the current model, particularly when it comes to the subsystems and their locations for easy drop-in.  You may want to consider more destroyable subsystems though.

Some time ago, I downloaded another higher detail Hyperion and Nova models and configured them to work in-game.  It seems though that something was off with the Hyperion, as it would often sit there and spin around insanely fast like a propeller... and no it wasn't related to MOI.  The Nova however I'm in the middle of testing out and fortunately it hasn't displayed that same behavior.

starbug:
Cool thanks for the tips! I had a look at the TBP model and used if for reference but i don't get why its has so many subobjects. Every subobject seems to 4 levels of detail ie the engines for example have Engine01a to 01d and each one has a destroyed model. I have not seen that on other mods.

starbug:
Well i have been working away on the Hyperion/Midwinter and i think i am done with the modelling and texturing. Here the results and time to get them into the game!

[attachment deleted to save space]

Trivial Psychic:
Hello gorgeous!

You gonna include any destroyable subsystems/submodels... or maybe even subsystem debris?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version