Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617690 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Currently playing through MechCommander 2, but a replay of the vanilla Freespace 1 campaign is next for me

I also really enjoyed Redout, I should probably get back to it if I get the urge for racing

SO I've been playing Armored Core 6. Just 93%'d it, actually (It'll take a while before I feel like S-ranking everything).

Anyway, I made the most Shivan-inspired ship I could manage, just chock-full of coral tech. Here she is, AC Nahema:

Sharing code is J7B7HLKPEXEY
Fair warning, being primarily coral tech, you'll need basically everything unlocked to build it.

I also made a more achievable option I dubbed AC Mara, Sharing code is 7N33VCNQ0TK6

Is anybody else playing? Find any good builds, or got any cool screenshots?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I think k I noticed The_E playing on steam or something a fair few weeks back...or I may have completely mistaken their identity.

Thic game is deffo on my list, though it needs to wait til after Xmas bleeds me dry.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Aliens: Dark Descent

Made by Tindalos, who also made the Battlefleeet Gothic: Armada-games. It is probably the most tense isometric tactics game I've played in a long while (if not ever) - though that is mostly because I decided to play with a "limited autosaves and no manual saving"-setting.

Basically you control a squad of 4 marines with the usual Alien-universe kit, going up against a planetary Xenomorph-infestation. The difference in numbers means that you have dodge patrolling aliens rather than engage them head-on, or else they will quickly overwhelm your squad - both by throwing numbers at you during Hunt and Onslaught-phases and because your ressources are strictly limited.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Aliens: Dark Descent

I've heard *excellent* things about this one, and it's definitely on my list of games to play, when I can get it cheap :)

As for me, I'm trying to get back into Final Fantasy XIV, with the recent trailer drop for the new expansion coming this year. I have a lot of catching up to do.

ALSO if anybody really enjoyed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice but wish it were just a boss-rush mode with cute anime girls in all the roles (also no giant ape as far as I could tell), try a free game called "Kannagi Usagi". The gameplay feels just like Sekiro so you should be able to jump right in. Also it's a lot easier on the hard drive than Sekiro so I don't have to wipe it to make space.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
KSp2 and ff xii in-between kids and work.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've heard *excellent* things about this one, and it's definitely on my list of games to play, when I can get it cheap :)

I receently finished it.
It really deserves a lot of the praise even though there are some sore spots (e.g. that squad positioning can sometimes be handful - e.g. when your medic seems to be always out in front or your recon sniper always has is line of sight blocked) but in the end it really was very fun in self-punishing kind of way.

Also finished The Pathless, a resident of my bucket list, and good chill game to come down on.
It is kinda Shadow of the Colossus in reverse in a lot of ways - your are cleaning the spirits of corrupted god-beasts, movement is horizontal instead of vertical etc etc pp.
But there are two reasons, why I would recommend it:

Firstly, it is one of the games that does a wide open world with low guidance "right" IMO. It has a stylized art-style that gets rid of a lot of the clutter that devs with realistic graphic styles stuff their open worlds with (which looks impressive but no much else). You have no map but as long as you get to Vantage point you can activate a special vision mode that hightlights points of interest. Additionally, central to the main movement mechanic is that that the world is full of "targets" which give you stamina and speed boost when shot (in later stages even vertical lift) - meaning traversal doesn't feel like crossing a lot of empty space even if you are doubling back.

Secondly, it has an interesting way to deal with difficulty. While the fights with the corrupted beasts are challenging, requiring to you to have good timing on shots and evades, there isn't really a game over mechanic. If you get hit beyond a certain point or but especially powerful attacks, only your progress resets, up to a limit, often not more than to just the beginning of the current phase of encounter. The only time I had something close to a game over was during an optional "storm encounter", when you fail to evade a corrupted beast in the open world and fail the subsequence stealth encounter. bBt all it does was scatter an upgrade currency that would fade out if not quickly collected. But that currency is quite plentyful and the upgrades are not required in any form to beat the game, the ability you raise with it just makes vertical traversal a bit easier.

... and now for something completely different I am playing Helldivers 2 - because nothing spreads democracy, liberty and the Super Earth-way of life to alien worlds like a targeted rain of high explosive shells.  :)
(All related friendly fire incidents are ruled to be unavoidable by a board inquiry.  :D )
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 10:43:59 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Finally getting around to Return of the Obra Dinn. My poor melting brain.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Any of you guys that like Subnautica, you'll probably like Sunkenland (Early Access, on Steam), and it's got both Single and Multiplayer Co-op.  $20 when not on sale.  They do have a Discord server & YouTube channel. Covered by IGP in these videos.

Why Early Access?
“We want to engage with our community and get valuable feedback and ideas to fuel the future development of this game.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are aiming to bring it to completion in one year. But that time frame can vary based on the players' feedback and possible modifications for improving the game.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The full version will contain more locations to explore, new crafting items, buildings, ships and lore/storyline. And community generated ideas, contents in the game.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“We have a playable survival game with base building, base defense, crafting, trading, combat, boat driving, underwater adventure and many unique locations to explore.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We do plan to gradually increase price as we ship more content.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We will be active on the steam forum, our Discord server and other social media. We will also frequently publish devlogs on our website and Youtube channel.”

I do indeed like Subnautica. I'll check it out.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Against my better judgement, I'm playing space engineers in-between my usual rocksmith.  (I had both rocksmith versions since PS3) and got the latest on steam at some point last year. 

I juat can't get my head around space engineers (ironically given my career in engineer stuff).
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Glowhyena

• PC Gamer
    • Steam
Last week, I spent four weeks playing Escape from Tarkov since the game is modded with SPT and some mods. The game is more playable and enjoyable, ofc I avoid online for reasons. I loved the game.

The current game I'm playing is Arma 3, I'm enjoying co-op MP. And sometimes, King of the Hill mode.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Creative mode.....that's where I went wrong.  Survival is no fun.......yet.

Creative is like giant lego.  This is my jam.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Yeah I've tried Space Engineers a few times and always bounced off. I feel like I need the structure of survival, but I also couldn't get on with it.

And I'm very interested in Escape from Tarkov, but it's a lot of money for something I think there's a good chance I bounce off of.

I am playing Helldivers 2 (along with apparently half of the western hemisphere, when I can log in...) and it's a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how long I'll be engaged. Fun for now though!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Funnily enough I checked helldivers 1, on my (Vita of all things) and the multi is still active.  I assume its cross platform or some genius level 2d stuff.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.