Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613940 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: What are you playing right now?
finished far cry 2.  i guess it was worth the $2.50, but i doubt it'll ever get played again.  i guess i can play wih act 3 now.
I like to stare at the sun.

Finished what I think was my second play-through of Interstate '76, this time patched up to Gold Edition. Had to disable audio hardware playback acceleration to get it working, well, mostly working - it's still slightly crash prone and has some graphical glitches, and I couldn't get the resolution to increase to something sharper.

Spoiler:
I had no idea I could fly a helicopter in the final stage! I just clicked on it in the background of the "choose your vehicle" screen thinking "Yeah, right", and then I find myself in a UH-1 armed with a 7.62mm gun and Dr. Radar missiles. I couldn't handle it very well though. It felt a bit like controlling a helo in a Bohemia Interactive military sim, only more difficult. Targeting is also quite hard.

Still, the T.R.I.P, despite its shortness, has some fantastic voice acting, likeable characters, and the cutscenes are very well done despite their simplicity of detail and animation. I'd almost forgotten how much I liked the way this game is presented. Even the manual is presented in the style of a car manual, IIRC.

As much as I think that the idea of automobile combat is just plain ridiculous, I still think this game is rather good, and probably even more fun in multiplayer. Next I'll dig out the Nitro Riders expansion pack.

I never played Interstate '82; I heard it wasn't great. But now I'm interested in having a look at it, if I can find a demo and get it working.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:20:48 am by lostllama »

Sacrifice. :D

I can't even think of something positive to say other than 'every-****ing-thing-about-it'
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Mikes

I ll be playing Strike Suit Zero as soon as Steam lets me. /stares at unlock timer :)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Sacrifice. :D

I can't even think of something positive to say other than 'every-****ing-thing-about-it'

^This^  :yes:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Just finished Fallout New Vegas. Then played through and finished Binary Domain (better than people say it is).

Now playing Borderlands 1 GOTY though not sure how much fun it is SP. Art style is cool anyway.

Warframe.

Co-op MMO shooter where you're a cyborg space ninja.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
A bunch of freeware stuff and cheap iOS games.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Back to playing Skyrim after a solid year of not playing it
Literally, when I saved the game, it was exactly one year since my last save
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Playing Dwarf Fortress and some good ol' fashion XCOM, laughing all the while at the Floaters for being named after turds.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

I just finished Metro 2033 which was very good. Lots of atmosphere (much of it poisonous), interesting enemies, real fear as you run out of ammo while facing really really strong monsters, great story, amazing graphics...

I also played a bit of Firefall Beta during the open weekend. It feels a little empty right now, but it's still beta so hopefully gets much better.

Also playing Company of Heroes when I get bored. And playing through Star Control 2 in HD. And I need to finish off Skyward Sword sometime. I have some difficulty finishing games.

Offline crizza

Grinding World of Tanks and playing Shogun2 when bored...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
After a hiatus I dabbled in WarGame European Escalation again.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Just finished BP: AoA. Need to pick up Deus Ex again, currently at

Spoiler:
Hell's Kitchen to meet with Paul before he dies.

Also played another round of FTL yesterday. It was going well for a long time until I got blown up by I-don't-remember-what-anymore. :sigh:

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You are not going to save him? You just have to stay in there with him.

I got sucked back into STO. I have to give the mappers credit, the new worlds look much better.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Spoiler:
You are not going to save him? You just have to stay in there with him.

Spoiler:
I haven't gone to his room yet. I thought I'd look around first, since I figured there might be goodies that'd be inaccessible once I go see him and move the plot forward.

Reading through the GoG wishlist. All of the memory of playing awesome games, none of the hassle of getting them to work.  And more than a few 'oh **** other people remember that game!' moments :yes:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
WarGame: European Escalation

I just wrapped up Fulda Gap at the beginning of the Able Archer Campaign.  For the loss of a single M1 Abrams, a Dragoon ATGM team and a Cav Brad I managed to link up with the disparate NATO forces trapped behind enemy lines and pretty much wipe a goodly portion of the Pact forces off the map.

It was my first time playing US in WG:EE and I really liked the Brads.  The M3 recon variants worked really well screening my tanks and TOW sniping Pact vehicles.  They are probably a little pricey for multi but the three i had for this mission really carried the day.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Brads are indeed overpriced (and suffer the curse of the generalist), but they're pretty sexy.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well it seems like ATGMs got a buff since the last time I played, I remember before they pretty much had the same range as a Reinmetall 120mm, now they clearly outdistance tank guns.  Twelve TOWs, good optics in an armored package seems like the Brad deserves some serious consideration for my decks.