Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270197 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I had actually already send them a ticket for a refund, kinda lost faith in them.
And while my faith&hopes still aren't very high, I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and stick with it. At least now I can decide myself whenever I want to spend my premium time or not on a early crappy build.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I'm playing celtic music non-stop for the forseeable fuucher.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Meet the Demoman has so much to answer for -.-

The BattleTech tradition of Scots in Highlanders goes back at least fifteen years by now, to the Grey Death books. Maybe further. I remember there being a scenario regarding the destruction the SLDF 191st, the Royal Black Watch, during Amaris' conquest of Terra waaaaaay back in the game's dark ages.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The BattleTech tradition of Scots in Highlanders goes back at least fifteen years by now, to the Grey Death books. Maybe further. I remember there being a scenario regarding the destruction the SLDF 191st, the Royal Black Watch, during Amaris' conquest of Terra waaaaaay back in the game's dark ages.

He's probably talking more about the embarrassingly bad made-up Scots accent

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Which is part of the same tradition, so I already answered that.

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Nailed it in one - you think if they had Scottish characters they'd actually, I dunno, get someone scottish to voice them or write their speech.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Nailed it in one - you think if they had Scottish characters they'd actually, I dunno, get someone scottish to voice them or write their speech.

Cuz he's a black Scottish cyclops, they've got more "%^^&*(+^%$#&*$#$&)%$##$%^&" than they got the like's of him.  Such a small subset of the Scottish population is difficult to cast.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
aaaand another reset. yeah, **** you mwo until you are full out and i wont lose my mechs and c-bills AGAIN.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Seems to me like you went into the beta expecting to just play the game.  It's a beta test for a reason.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
aaaand another reset. yeah, **** you mwo until you are full out and i wont lose my mechs and c-bills AGAIN.

Have you ever been a part of a beta before?

A Feddie Story

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Seems to me like you went into the beta expecting to just play the game.  It's a beta test for a reason.

Quoted for truth.

IT'S BETA. SH*T HAPPENS.

And with the 'Mech wipe, I have all my money from my Raven back (currently at around 4.4m C-bills) and can now buy something that doesn't suck so hard.  Any ideas?  I'm currently leaning towards the Hunchback with the medium lasers and 2 SRM-6 launchers, but I'd like input from people who actually know what weapons are going to be more useful since yes, I am trying to min-max. :lol:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
That's actually not a bad choice if you're good with SRMs.

But then again I liked my Raven once I'd tooled it up with a couple Large Lasers.

A Feddie Story

Good with SRM's all depends on your target: no way will SRM's be any use against a runner like the Jenner or Cicada, but 2 SRM-6 will pound anything larger or slower.  That is, assuming they plan on removing the fire delay from SRM's so they can actually be used in a brawl.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I took a Cat and loaded it up with as many SRMs as possible.  When it works it works hilariously well.

Observations in battle lead me to assume opposing pilots' must have an internal monologue something similar to the following:

"Ha Ha look at this stupid noob running point with a long range support mech, what a b..."

WOOSH BAM KAPOW

"... OMGWTF Hobble AWAY! Hobble AWAY!"

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
I took a Cat and loaded it up with as many SRMs as possible.  When it works it works hilariously well.

Observations in battle lead me to assume opposing pilots' must have an internal monologue something similar to the following:

"Ha Ha look at this stupid noob running point with a long range support mech, what a b..."

WOOSH BAM KAPOW

"... OMGWTF Hobble AWAY! Hobble AWAY!"

Yeah, the six-hardpoint catapult is whole lot of surprise when you've got it fitted with srm-6s.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

A Feddie Story