Author Topic: Blue Planet Mini Feedback.  (Read 3481 times)

Re: Blue Planet Mini Feedback.
It comes down to...

in BP canon After use a subspace drive needs chance to charge/cool down/reset (I believe derived from Kings Gambit in the FS2 campaign when it is mentioned in the (command)briefing stage).

This limitation can be circumvented by having a backup drive (called a sprint drive in BP) but only GTVA ships have these sprint drives and then only on select ships due to space and cost limitations.

So if a ship jumps in and is quickly jumped by a superior force (easy to plan with subspace tracking) the ship can't jump out for a set time because the jump drive is inoperable

If I recall, there were in fact cases where UEF vessels could have departed.

The first mission being a prime example, the Ironhide, I believe. The ship captain refuses to jump, even when critically damaged. I usually manage to save the ship, but if the bomber strike manages to hit, the ship just sits there and takes it. While I understand the reasoning behind the decision (Drama, consequences for failing, psychology of UEF captains, ect), it would be nice to see at least 1 UEF ship manage a tactical retreat under fire.

Granted, there is the last mission, but that isn't really under fire, but the looming threat of fire, and tactical overmatch.

Offline -Norbert-

But the Ironhide only says that, when she is damaged badly enough, so some people might never have heard that comment "We are done with running" and something about Jupiter. Can't remember it exactly.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I thought I missed the "Blue Planet Mini" release for android and iPhone :/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png