Author Topic: WiH is great, but I have one suggestion  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Xylus

WiH is great, but I have one suggestion
I just finished WiH, this is simply just stunningly good!
However in the last mission, I have big time trouble docking on indus. Is it possible that you guys put in a light guided landing strip? I failed the last mission 3 times because I cannot find the landing strip and dock in time. Again, thank you guys so much for the checkpoint function!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: WiH is great, but I have one suggestion
It actually does have glowpoints that run down the flight deck.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
If you target the Indus and press the 's' key you should be able to target the docking bay. You also should have experience docking/undocking with the Indus from prevoius missions.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Heh, only recently did I realize that the docking bay opened at the nose of the ship.  The trouble with using the subsystem targetbox is that when you play with no ambient light, it doesn't help you at all with finding where the opening is. 

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You shouldn't be playing at light settings where you can't see the ships. How do you want to appreciate the beauty and majesty of the ships if you can't see them I don't even
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Maybe it prevents lagging if he can't see them? lol
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Troubleshoot setting : disable all rendering.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

I just finished WiH, this is simply just stunningly good!
However in the last mission, I have big time trouble docking on indus. Is it possible that you guys put in a light guided landing strip? I failed the last mission 3 times because I cannot find the landing strip and dock in time. Again, thank you guys so much for the checkpoint function!

I had similar problems my first run through the game. Docking via approaching from the front, in direct line of fire to the main guns is a bit counterintuitive. In the defense of the OP, the landing lights aren't particularly obvious unless you approach dead on, and it is possible to 'dock' by just flying near the subsection, which is how I managed prior to the final mission, which is decidedly less forgiving to this method.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:37:01 am by Logistics »

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Changing the light settings on a game can change a lot! Trust me. ;p
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Never had trouble finding Karuna docking bays (by pressing S).

I did, however, ram myself to death trying to find the entrance to the Temeraire's massive fighterbay subsystem in AoA. :p

I use "ColeCampbell666's Settings" from the wiki.  I think part of the beauty of the ships is the contrast between their light and dark sides, but it has the disadvantage of not being able to see much hull details on the dark side.  I was also a bit panicked at the time, so I finished the mission by repeatedly AB-ing/ramming towards the subsystem box until I "docked".

:P

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Blue Planet and War in Heaven stories sound really awesome. Maybe Blue Planet is Freespace 3.
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
faux pas alert, time to duck and cover
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Blue Planet and War in Heaven stories sound really awesome. Maybe Blue Planet is Freespace 3.

It's not. We went through these same sorts of suggestions when Inferno and Derelict were at the height of their popularity. It's a generally accepted community maxim that 'If it's not by [V], it's not FS3'. In other words, no matter how popular any campaign may be, it's never any more canon than any other
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes. BP isn't FS3, and isn't intended to be FS3. It is our story, not V's, or daveb's, or John Scott's story.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
We already have a Freespace 3.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Call me a noob because I spoiled myself with BP youtube videos, as well as reading it on Hard-light. What even more hilerious, I just have the retal version of FS2.