Author Topic: Constant issues with Antipodes.  (Read 4735 times)

Offline zako

Re: Constant issues with Antipodes.
I tried to disable as much eyecandy and it threw me out with a nice error window (similar to a debug window except I cannot continue) and the game exits. So far I have noticed that setting my shadows to zero, disabling OpenGL VBO, GLSL, OpenGL Render targets, specular and glowmaps in any order or combination will result the game throwing me out.

As far as I can tell, the lighting is causing the majority of the problems. If I have everyone else on with -missile_lighting, -3dshockwave, -3dwarp being the only flags and the in game options of 3D hardware textures and model detail set to max, I will have somewhat stable gameplay. I still am encountering bitmap issues and mismatched POF tables problems.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The bitmap issues and mismatched POF tables problems are not problems. They're simply warnings the debug build throws up for developers - they have no impact on the stability of release builds.

For instance, the POF mismatches are present in the MediaVPs and so occur in every campaign you've ever played.

Unfortunately the issue here is simply that the hardware isn't up to snuff.  :ick:

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Does this mean you guys are going to have to write hardware requirements on the release thread until further notice?
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This means that if you are attempting to play a 2012 game on integrated graphics hardware or older video cards you are going to encounter some graphics trouble.

Our one brave coder is working on ways to help out lower end hardware.

Offline ellerto

It seems my problem is gone.
I can't figure out what caused the endless crashing, but it's now gone.
I thought at first it could have been somehow caused by my CPU, which was undervolted and a tiny little bit underclocked at the time, but when I tried to replicate that situation, the problem did not show up. Then I tried all the settings which I changed over time, but still I couldn't catch the bug.
But after a while it came again. It crashed.
Spoiler:
Right after I decided to kill that  Orion class prehistoric piece of rotted junk

And when I tried again, it didn't crash. And then again, it did. And then it stopped doing that.
This was all happening while runing normal build. Because I couldn't even remotely try to play it with debug build, simply because no matter what i've tried, I couldn't get more that 4-5 fps (sometimes even less) from it.
On 9650M GT with 1gig VRAM. And Core T9600. Plus 4gig RAM. Which runs non-debug build at average between 30 to 40 fps no matter what are the settings.
But it created quite interesting log. Which is long as the Bible and says almost as nothing as the Bible. Almost half of the log is just "out of lights" in a huge loop. I wonder if it has something to do with the all-new shiny deferred lightning stuff.
And i really did got annoyed by it showing me this:
Code: [Select]
For ship 'TC-TRI', detail level
mismatch. Table has 4,
POF has 3.
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! Warning + 495 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! ship_create + 729 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! parse_create_object_sub + 77 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! parse_create_object + 193 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! mission_parse_maybe_create_parse_object + 419 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! post_process_ships_wings + 93 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! post_process_mission + 69 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! parse_mission + 1595 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! parse_main + 449 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! mission_load + 215 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! game_start_mission + 184 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! game_enter_state + 559 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! gameseq_set_state + 310 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! game_process_event + 242 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! gameseq_process_events + 152 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! game_main + 782 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! WinMain + 328 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! __tmainCRTStartup + 283 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2_BP.exe! WinMainCRTStartup + 13 bytes
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 14 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 133 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 88 bytes
about 20 times during the loading and about every 30 seconds during my super-choppy-debuggy gameplay (or whatever it was)

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The TC-TRI error has nothing to do with Blue Planet and can be safely ignored.

Offline ellerto

The TC-TRI error has nothing to do with Blue Planet and can be safely ignored.
Isn't there a way to get rid of it? (block it from appearing or something)
It renders the whole thing unplayable on debug (well, apart from fps drop)
Btw, clean install-fs2retail+fsopen+bp, nothing more.