Author Topic: Model and Normal Maps Status  (Read 143682 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
true; the ribs were only mapped out in vanilla fs2.

glad i upgraded :D (slightly :nervous: )
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Grimloq

No offence, Raa, but all of your HTL ships have no real visible difference between them and the old ones...

That's coz he's doing the vassy ships. Look at them shinemapped ingame and you'll notice the difference.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline revomode

• Banned
This might sound stupid but...
What does HTL means?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Hardware Texturing & Lighting :p
-C

Offline revomode

• Banned
thanks...
it makes 3d graphics rendering easier and faster for the GPU, right?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's actually Hardware transformation and lighting. ;)

And it's infintely better, yes. :)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Krackers just reminded me with his latest topic. You're also missing the HTL Mjolnir that was made a long time ago.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'd figured I'd post this here.  I've been using GalEmp's highter detail Aten pof, and unfortunately there are some problems, mainly with the turrets.  I've noticed that when you're trying to knock out the rear flank turrets, weapons can shoot right through the hull, and sometimes you can't even target them at point-blank range.  The forward dorsal turrets are subject to this as well, but not to the same degree.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
Wait...

GalEmp = Galactic Emperor?
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Correct.  AKA "GE".

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Model: HTL Satis
Creator(s): Raa (with help frpm FireCrack and Triv Psych)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33352.0.html
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Figured i'd better update my ones just in case. I'll be releasing all these ones in a pack as soon as they're all complete.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Lucifer
Creator(s): VA
Pic: here
Thread: here
Comments: Won't be in-game finished for a couple of weeks yet. Very busy with other things.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Fenris (it wasn't here already ;) )
Creator(s): Mesh: Karma, UVing and everything else: VA
Comments: A working version is in the media VPs, but a completely fixed and optimized version is waiting for release.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Trition
Comments: Fully complete, and awaiting release.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Aeolus
Creator(s): Initial mesh by Raptor, rest by VA
Comments: Fully complete, and awaiting release.

On my to-do-but-not-yet-started list is the Arcadia, Poesidon, Chronos and Elysium in approximately that order. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are you gonna make a variant of the Arcadia to match the GTI Riviera?  If you remember from the FS1 loading cutscene, there is a dorsal and ventral mast attatched to the flat section, possibly for the "experimental deflector shield" being devellopped there, as mentioned in some of the FS1 tech entries.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Heh, i forgot one. :) (not a part of the planned HTL pack)

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Ganymede
Status: Peliminary mesh done, but i'll go over it again sometime.
Pic: here and here
Comments: It's being built in conjunction with a custom station for TI, so it's a tagalong ATM. It will become a full HTL job eventually. :)

As for Riviera, as it stands i don't think so unless someone specifically requests it for a particular reason. Here it is anyway, along with a question: Would people want the prong thing on the standard HTL arcadia model?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I see no reason why we shouldn't; after all, you added the big antennae things on your Lucy that weren't in there originally. As long as it doesn't interfere with the retarded FS flight paths...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Model it in as a seperate subsystem. Then if someone doesn't want it they can just set it to be destroyed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Update on erynies progress

Completed, but awaiting conversion and release.

VA, I have your high poly aeolus on my computer and i have no idea why if you havent released it, didnt you release it at one point but make a recall or somthing?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by FireCrack
Update on erynies progress

Completed, but awaiting conversion and release.

VA, I have your high poly aeolus on my computer and i have no idea why if you havent released it, didnt you release it at one point but make a recall or somthing?

You have the quick pof version - it was never supposed to go ingame IIRC.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Indeedy - it was really just a 3d WIP at that stage. TP added the nessecary pof data to get it ingame, which resulted in a few cool pictures, and that was cool. :)

And i think i'll go with Karajorma's subsystem suggestion when i eventually get to it - that sounds like the best approach to avoid angry Fredding mobs chasing me for screwing up their painstakingly placed waypoint path. ;)

Also, just so people know, the antennae on the lucifer are there because that's the way the FS1 cutscenes and command briefings showed it to be. I thought it looked cool and so put them back where they belong. :)
Twisted Infinities

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
Indeedy - it was really just a 3d WIP at that stage. TP added the nessecary pof data to get it ingame, which resulted in a few cool pictures, and that was cool. :)

I kinda get a kick out of doing that some times. :nod: