Author Topic: Model and Normal Maps Status  (Read 143679 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Oh yeah, well i guess that clears that up.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Model: Erinyes
Creator(s): FireCrack
Thread: here

Model: Mjolnir
Creator(s): Mikheal (mesh), GE (Texturing, I think)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ship:  GTD Hecate
Status:  Mesh and sub-objects modeled, awaiting UV mapping and texturing

Ship:  SD Ravana
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Ship: Artemis
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Can someone remove this un-updated thread and make a new one, which would hopefully be constantly updated?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
or, keep the old thread and constantly update it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
UPDATED!

Check the first post.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ummm, the HTL Aeolus and HTL Triton have the same picture links.

Trition = Triton
Mjolrin = Mjolnir. :p (at least, i THINK that's how its spelled. :nervous: )
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Corrected, thx. for browsing through the list.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no problem. :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie

has the knossos been done yet/is anyone working on it?
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Not as far as I know, but I doubt it'd be too difficult or take too long when someone does. :)

Anyways, update: Since my final exams are comming up, I won't have time to finish the lucy till after they've passed. :( As such, I've released the other ships in a pack of three so they're not needlessly delayed further. :\

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Lucifer
Creator(s): VA
Pic: here
Comments: On hold till my final school exams are done, so release will be anywhere from Nov 6th onwards sorry.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Fenris
Creator(s): Mesh: Karma, UVing and everything else: VA
Comments: Released!

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Trition
Creator(s): VA

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Aeolus
Creator(s): Initial mesh by Raptor, rest by VA
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I might as well post what I'm working on so that there's no duplication of work.  None are really ready for prime-time though.

Model: HTL Pegasus
Creator(s): StratComm
Comments: Just needs the really low-level superdetail that the mesh really needs.  Matching high-res textures currently in development by Turambar.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Typhon
Pic: -none-
Thread: -none-
Comments: Just getting started.

-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Hippocrates
Pic: -none-
Comments: Not yet.  Not for a while, in fact.  There's nothing in the old model to even work with.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
There is stuff on the hippocrates to follow - the concept drawing's dimensions work perfectly for it and look awesome. ;)
Much better than the actual mesh in fact - actually, I'd go as far as to recommend you only use the [v]'s mesh where the concept provides no detail whatsoever. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Strat, if you're working on an HTL Typhon, you may be interested in this image:

I found it while poking through some old Freespace servers.  Its not detailed to the extent of that concept image that's part of the FS1 box, but it appears to be as detailed as the one used in the mini-video included with Silent Threat.  Too bad it shows so little of the whole model.  If you're open to adding further details to the Typhon, I'd suggest you start with this as reference material.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Updated list:

Model: HTL Hecate
Creator(s): Raven (modelling), Galemp (Texturing\UV Mapping)
Thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35752.0.html
Comments: Should be ready for conversion soon enough :)

Model: HTL Ravana
Creator(s): Raven (modelling)
Thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34010.0.html
Comments: Need a texturer\UV mapper

Model: HTL Sathanas
Creator(s): Raven (modelling)
Thread: none yet
Comments: Some supar secret suckers convinced me on doing it :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:51:16 pm by 206 »
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Model: HTL Pegasus

Offline redmenace

Model: High poly asteroids
Creator(s): Sandwich
Converted: Stratcomm
Thread/Source: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7Efreespace/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21144&perpage=25&highlight=asteroid%20poly&pagenumber=5
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat