Author Topic: A not-so-typical build  (Read 25353 times)

Offline Falcon

Would lack of certain VP's also be the problem?

I have loads and loads of mods installed, and I have tried other FS2 open mods.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
And? Does it work then?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I tried other builds it work, but right when I get fired upon it kicks back to the desktop.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Try it with no mods then. Make a new Data folder and move the old one. You might as well make a new pilot while you're at it.

Make sure there are no mods in your main FS2 folder and that the -mod option is switched off.

If that still doesn't work remove the media.vp files and try again.

Same Result :(

What .vp's do i need?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:03:03 pm by 968 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Remove anything that starts with mv.

In fact remove any vp files not on this list
# root_fs2.vp
# sparky_fs2.vp
# sparky_hi_fs2.vp
# stu_fs2.vp
# tango1_fs2.vp
# tango2_fs2.vp
# tango3_fs2.vp
# smarty_fs2.vp
# warble_fs2.vp

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
O_o my god. It's CRAZY !!! I have to try this later...

Nothing, same error screen.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
What mission are you trying to play?
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm having problems with the capships. it may be just a pc related problem, but when i used the GTVA colossus in the "Third Watch" mission, i got about halfway through (right after i destroyed the Mendel with my uber beam cannons) and it just froze and crashed to my desktop.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

Were you using the cumulative build? Like I said before (and in that thread, I believe) I fixed a capship-problem in that build. Or so I thought.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no. i'm downloading it right now, only this isn't a damage related problem.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

Hmm, usual drill then - does the debug build tell you anything?
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh yeah, debug doesn't run. let me give the error in half a sec...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, i got as far as committing to a mission this time... here's the error message:

Debug Error!

Program: C:\Games\Freespace2\fs2_open_c01102005_d.exe
Module: C:\Games\Freespace2\fs2_open_c01102005_d.exe
File:

Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'ext' was corrupted.

This is the debugger's debug error. I can't get any farther than committing a mission.

Offline WMCoolmon

Ick. :blah: Looks like we really do have a memory leak problem somewhere.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
eh, sorry for bumping this thread, but have there been any improvements? :D

memory leak fixed, actual weapons mounted on the flyable ships, etc. :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There are plenty of newer builds for you to check. :blah: