Author Topic: A not-so-typical build  (Read 25360 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Oops, forgot to replace the old file on the FTP.

Try http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C01102005b.zip
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
This one doesnt mess up secondaries? testing, so by the time you awenser it will be too late... MUAHAHAHAHAH!

:shaking:
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WMCoolmon

Yes, it does, but it's an easy fix - I copy-pasted and forgot to edit. Just had to change gun_banks to missile_banks.

Teh DL
-C

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Outstanding work, WMCoolmon.  It seems to work fine for me. Thats an awesome effect indeed! Thanks for your hard work!! :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, it seemed like that was the problem. But i didnt get the time to test this anyways so bleh.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Screenshots, just because the effect is cool.... :)

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Admiral Nelson
Outstanding work, WMCoolmon.  It seems to work fine for me. Thats an awesome effect indeed! Thanks for your hard work!! :yes:
:)
-C

so is this stuff including taylor's lovely opengl enhancements with this or does this build have the old fugly opengl

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
God, you code monkeys are crazy.

GG

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nice. :) Does it switch from displaying the lines for primaries and secondaries when you click on a weapon?

Offline WMCoolmon

It displays lines for the currently selected weapon class (If any are in the ship loadout), or if you're dropping a weapon, the slot it's currently hovering over.
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Oops, forgot to replace the old file on the FTP.

Try http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C01102005b.zip

yea that would explain my problem :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
hey, in that first screen shot it looks like you are useing the version of the herc that I siad was going to be final but then a day later realised I had made a horable mistake and fixed it and updated my zip, go back and redownload, unless you like the mechanical bits glowing blue.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ok. Apparently I have to make a new pilot every time I start this exe, else it crashes immediately after selecting a pilot. :doubt:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline WMCoolmon

Can you give me more info than that?

Bobb: I actually noticed the difference in a screenie somewhere and mentally complimented the glowing blue parts. :p I suppose I can update the mediaVP with it sometime, though...
-C

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Raa
Ok. Apparently I have to make a new pilot every time I start this exe, else it crashes immediately after selecting a pilot. :doubt:

Ditto...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Can you give me more info than that?

Like what? When I select a pilot and hit start, the game crashes to desktop.

So I create a new pilot, and click start and the game loads. Until I attempted to enter the techroom, where it crashed.

When I later tried to use the new pilot, it crashed when I hit start. So I had to delete it and create another new pilot...

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, the pilot code should be identical to 3.6.5 in the most recent build (Linked to in the first post).

Does it still crash if you go into the ship selection screen, select weapons, etc, but then exit FS2 without starting a mission?
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'll try it again, but last time it crashed before I could even go to the mission simulator in the tech room.

Edit: Ok, I ran the debug build, this time, and am getting a funky error just after choosing a pilot...

Code: [Select]

Assert: ship_count <= MAX_SHIP_TYPES
File: e:\cvs\fs2_open\code\mission\missioncampaign.cpp
Line: 1322

After that I got an assertion error, and had the option to retry, ignore or cancel, but it wouldn't let me selct any of the options, everytime I tried to click one, it flashed back to the launcher...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 06:23:30 pm by 273 »

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, what I've been doing is just going as far as the techroom, for the most part. I've been using the same pilot - but I don't think I've actually completed a mission, and I haven't enetered more than three missions (two of which were crap missions made by me for testing of this sort and have virtually nothing in them)
-C