Author Topic: A not-so-typical build  (Read 25352 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, I editted the above post, but perhaps you'll miss it, so I'm bumping here. ;)

Would a debug spew help? And if so, is there a way to save what it shows in the spew?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Looks like it's because of my experiments with removing the ship limit (partially successful, but the network code needs to be edited to make up for it.)

I think if you make a file called debug_filter.cfg you'll get some debugging info auto-saved...sounds like the problem is that for whatever reason, your campaign (cs2) file ends up having more than the max number of ships saved in it, or thinks there's that many ships.

If you can use a hex editor, check the value 16 bytes after the campaign name...if you can't can you post the .cs2 file up here for perusal? :p
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

If you can use a hex editor, check the value 16 bytes after the campaign name...if you can't can you post the .cs2 file up here for perusal? :p

Um... I don't know how to do hex, and I'm not sure wether I can post the campaign file, since it's an MT file (although temporary)...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ok, well, I used another exe to change my current campaign and that problem is gone, but when trying to load a mission, I got this a few times...

Offline WMCoolmon

That's another error I was getting, but disappeared (I think) when I removed the mediaVP)
-C

Yes... There's something wrong with the mediaVP...
It crashes with EVERY FS2_open Version...

And this is what my Debug Spew says me:

OpenGL Debug

Direct3D Debug

Okay... To make it short:
It was the vp_music...

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
This is very cool, WMCoolmon. Not only did you put the model into all of the weapons outout, you showed where the weapons are too - this kind of thing is a good sense, although it kind of makes interface artists obsolete. :p
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
BTW, don't make the weapons loadout model rotate, give it static profile view.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
has this been committed yet?
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline WMCoolmon

Ayup.
-C

Offline bigo

What's up with the music_vp? It blew everything to crap when I tried using it.

Offline redmenace

umm wrong thread to post that in. But the ogg support is being looked into by WMCoolmon. Just remove the music.vp.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Coolest.
****ing.
Thing.
Ever.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 10:17:12 pm by 368 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Ayup.

i don't think i got your commit message though :wtf:
when did you commit?
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by PhReAk

i don't think i got your commit message though :wtf:
when did you commit?

When I posted the message in your thread about it being in CVS :p :
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.ph?s=&threadid=29579

I actually missed part of the auto-stats generation code, that got committed with the 2D mission stuff.

If you do an update to CVS now, you should have it. There aren't any differences from my current code tree and CVS.
-C

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
wonderful, no commit emails.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i am downloading this now. i am literally drooling over this.

I have a friend who flies a SD Lucifer will all beam turrets enabled. i tinkered with making my ships colossus' but it really screwed up my game. now i don't have to mess up my game.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
..... NOOOOOO! IT WON'T LET ME PLAY MISSIONS!!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

Can you be a little more specific than that - what error does it give?
-C