Author Topic: A not-so-typical build  (Read 25361 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
now it works, but it just crashed. no error message.

[EDIT] actually, it says "player ship has no weapons" when i can't play missions.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:13:31 am by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Someone pls. overdose him with either Na+, Adrenalin, He or  Morphine.
(Death - undetectable, Death - heart attack, Death - put down like a dog, Death - happy cocktail....)

Anything, just make it stop! I keep bumping into him on all development forums, pls. make it stop! (Holds his skull in pain, the melted brain pouring out through his ears).

....Reboot complete, Defrag & Emergency Memory Flush complete.

Always post your config, used flags and posibble the error message, or if you actually want to do smg. productive post it on Mantis.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
erm, there was no error message if it crashed. if there was an error message, i would have posted it.

BTW WMC, do you need a launcher to use the build? That could be the reason why it crashed.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, TV has a good point there..

BTW WMCoolmon, i have the launcher 3.6.5 or whatever version it is.

Behold: Alpha 1 starring the GTD Bastion!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it just crashed again. no error message. it seems to crash with shivan vessels, and turrets don't work exept for the leviathan. it crashed when i used that too.

What messages do the debug build give you?

Offline WMCoolmon

And which build are you using? I think I fixed an instant-crash bug in my cumulative build, so if you're playing as a capship you'll want to try that.

As for turrets not firing - as I understood, that was fixed by somebody. Keep in mind that you'll probably have to beam-free-all Alpha 1 somehow to get beams to work. :p
-C

Offline Falcon

*walks into room*
*gives an evil look at Cobra*

Only a matter of time............ :devil:

*returns to the "janitor's closet"*

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yes, i know to beam free all my ship, but the plasma guns (Terran turrets, etc) don't work either.

MM, I'm not using the debug.

Offline Falcon

Okay I've ran into a problem. When I chose a cap ship or a transport Im going to use in the ship select screen it wont let me start the mission since because I have no primary guns and missles mounted. Is there a way you can tell the game to recognize turrets as weapons or just tell the game to completely ignore guns and missles all together?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 06:55:18 pm by 1408 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
this is what i did. select the ship, and bypass the loadout completely. that's how i got that in game shot. *motions at pic*

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

:mad: :confused:

Help ??

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Linky not worky.

Try this

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:30:12 am by 968 »

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
loadgun07 is a weapon icon or animation that is used in the table but doesnt actually exist. you see v was lazy so they copied alot of capship weapons directly from the fs1 tables. some scp builds are sensitive to this.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

That doesnt help me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anything that acutally might HELP ?

Offline Falcon

calm down

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by fs2freak88
That doesnt help me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anything that acutally might HELP ?

First calm the hell down. If you're going to act like that when people try to help you're not going to get much else in the way of help.

1. Have you tried other FS2_Open builds?

2. Have you got any mods installed?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]