Author Topic: A far-from-typical build  (Read 12277 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A far-from-typical build
It's the latest and greatest Secret Build!  But you'll have to figure out what's so secret about it. ;)

It includes the latest stuff from CVS, so it's got plenty of bugfixes and such.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050125-Goober5000.rar

Added to the website.//redmenace
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 12:28:06 am by 887 »

Offline Falcon

oh this will be interesting.......... :drevil:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
oh goodie
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey its a hell of alot more stable but i dont see whats different
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Nuke
hey its a hell of alot more stable but i dont see whats different

That probably is the difference. :p

Do you hate us all again, Goober? Or is this a continuation of the previous hatred? :p
-C

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I love and despise thee simultaneously

such wonderful stuff
JUST TELL US WHAT THE HELL IT IS!!!>!1111!!1!!11one1eleventyone!!!11!!

*cough* -regains composure-

*begins download*
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Lynx

You said you'll release it in February! You liar!!!:p
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Falcon

Better lighting on ships from what I can tell. There is a command line in the graphics tab in the launcher that says enable more realistic lighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
@WMC: It's a continuation, with bugfixes and most recent CVS. ;)

@Lynx: It was "released" in January... what comes in February is the public announcement. ;)

I find it very amusing that Turambar and Lynx are asking what it is. :D

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Falcon
Better lighting on ships from what I can tell. There is a command line in the graphics tab in the launcher that says enable more realistic lighting.

That's from my builds.  I just added it to the launcher so it's easier to use.  OpenGL only though so it has no affect in D3D.  According to MSDN D3D already does it by default.  It may end up being turned on by default and a cmdline option to turn it off (for the speed increase) will be used instead.  Then it could be used with OpenGL and D3D and have the same affect.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ya know i cant very well test the feature unless i know what it is

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Must download post-haste. :)

I know, Goob.  That's pretty funny.  Lynx, read the announcement at the top of the Saga internal.  Please.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I have squashed a subtle yet annoying bug into an elegant binary pulp.  I suggest you all download the build again.  (Same link.)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
wait i think i know what this is, just wich somone could clue me in on how to make it work.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No. :p

Wait until February like everyone else.

And if you've figured it out, don't give it away either. ;)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
what? you dont want it thouroghly tested by modders before it gets released :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
do we have to look in the code to figure it out, or is it apparent ingame
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
@Nuke: It's being thoroughly tested by the project leaders. :p

@Drew: It's apparent in-game.  Very apparent. :drevil:

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
it dosnt make shinemaps work.
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.