Author Topic: 20050728 build  (Read 25129 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Is it just me, or is the texture replacement broken here?
I cna't seem to get any of my nameplates t o switch...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
The lack of Shine maps in d3d is also a known error with ATI cards and will be fixed after 3.6.7 is released (hopefully soon).

thank God for nVidia then. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by Cobra

thank God for nVidia then. :p

Thank God for OpenGL, you mean :p

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Indeed. I couldn't even play the SCP without it. I've made it my goal in life to see how much FS2_Open I can squeeze out of my Laptop's integrated graphics, since I'm at college and what I've got is what I've got. :p  D3D craps out the instant anything larger than a fighter explodes, so my only option is OGL.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Cobra
i think it's supposed to be that way to make a little realism. no flare would look unrealistic, IMO.

Since when is having engine glows on a DISABLED ship realistic? The Trinity had it's engines knocked out.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
If you'll notice, the ship isn't disabled.  That's a mistake on :v:'s part in mission design, as engine flares do indeed turn off if the engine subsystem is destroyed.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CaptJosh

Yeah. If you scan the engines specifically, they're down to 2%. Not exactly what you want if you're trying to get away from Shivans.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Unecessary bumping of old threads != FTW
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Unecessary bumping of old threads != FTW

:wtf: :lol:

Wrong thread?
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I suspect someone edited something and it bumped the thread.

Best not to say anything more on the matter :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

ok, I am locking this thread it is from JULY!
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seeing as I'd been complaining about locking threads on Grognards I was going to try to avoid that :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]