I don't like it!
0 (0%)
Sort of
0 (0%)
I like it!
11 (28.2%)
I LOVE IT!!!
11 (28.2%)
Home World 2 is better then Home World 1!
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: March 04, 2013, 07:41:11 pm

Author Topic: Homeworld 2  (Read 13484 times)

Has anyone heard of Homeworld 2? I was just wondering how many people have heard of it, and probably played it  :)

Edit: I am also wondering of how many people like HomeWorld 2. I added a poll for your votes!  :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:43:04 pm by Drflash55 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
HW1 was way better as a standalone game, but I think it should be obvious there are quite a few HW2 players here given that we host a HW2 mod. HW2 was a great modding platform.

HW1 was way better as a standalone game, but I think it should be obvious there are quite a few HW2 players here given that we host a HW2 mod. HW2 was a great modding platform.

I am a HW2 fan player. I never tried HW1 yet, but I am sticking with HW2. I love it! :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
HW2 SP was essentially unplayable. Skirmish and modding were better.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I liked both, I first played HW2 then moved to Cataclysm and then to HW1.
I only regret playing Cataclysm, it was kinda bad.
el hombre vicio...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
HW2 SP Unplayable? hahahaahhahahHAHAHAHhhahhhahaahhahhd82gr80ryfhhf80hn *brzzzzzz*...

I never got to Bring Sajuuk to bear. All because of that ****ing Thaddis Sabbath mission.

I never got to Bring Sajuuk to bear. All because of that ****ing Thaddis Sabbath mission.

I won the game. Holy S**T it was f**king hard. God, took me a month to complete because of that Sajuuk mission. GOD I HATE THAT MISSION!!!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
thaddis sabbah owned but it was hard as ****

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
All because of that ****ing Thaddis Sabbath mission.

Why do you think I thought it was unplayable? :P

The wierd thing is some missions clearly had fixed enemy forces, some were designed to go "lol reactive" and the game's reactive force levels were clearly broken towards the end.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You could beat the 'maximal' reactive force but it took extensive use of the dreadnought with shiploads of workers active tanking for it.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
AI: "Oh you have 3 Battlecruisers and 10 Bomber Squadrons? That's cute." *Que 12 VBCs and armadas of corvettes and fighters* :blah:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
AI: "Oh you have 3 Battlecruisers and 10 Bomber Squadrons? That's cute." *Que 12 VBCs and armadas of corvettes and fighters* :blah:

Isnt it true that the AI adapts its forces in consideration to yours? As in if you're weak the AI fields less ships.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah that's what we were talking about right above.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Isnt it true that the AI adapts its forces in consideration to yours? As in if you're weak the AI fields less ships.

That's a legitimate example of what they thought "adapts" means. Mine was a single battlecruiser and a couple of destroyers equals 7 VBCs.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:18:29 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Am I the only one that never had a problem with that? The only time I ever encountered massive numbers of VBCs I had the dreadnought or whatever it was which just chews them up and spits them out.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You had to mother the dreadnaught pretty carefully and keep a bunch of workers handy if it got in trouble (since trinity cannons would really **** it up), but if you were cautious you could handle pretty much everything coming your way.

My favorite mod, the Tactical Fleet Simulator adds some sort of multiplier to the adaptive enemy numbers. In Balcora Gate, there are at least a dozen battlecruisers standing between you and the gate, probably 40-50 frigates, and hundreds of strike craft. THAT is hard.

In both modded and vanilla versions, I never had any trouble with Thaddis Sabbah.

I never had to risk the dreadnaught against cruisers, I either had it surrounded by my own cruisers and destroyers to make an impenetrable murder squad, or just used bombers and heavy corvettes against enemy cruisers.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I wonder if you played post-patch, enemy numbers got nerfed pretty hard

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Damn it.

It should be forbidden to post a thread with so many posts when I'm asleep and can't read it. Damn muricans and silly hours.

HW2 SP Unplayable? hahahaahhahahHAHAHAHhhahhhahaahhahhd82gr80ryfhhf80hn *brzzzzzz*...

Note that the campaign difficulty was massively nerfed between v1.0 and v1.1. The game is piss easy in 1.1 but there are a couple of major bugs that prevents me to enjoy it in 1.0 (the shield frigates bug if they die while the shield is active, for example).

* Shameless advertising * be sure to pick a look at this mod !

As for what I think about HW2 in general, long story short : HW1 and HWC are a better campaign experience (I still massively love me some replaying HWC), but HW2 is a better engine for modding. Too bad it never had any kind of mission editor... Which is why I have now completely moved over to FSO.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

I wonder if you played post-patch, enemy numbers got nerfed pretty hard

Eh, yeah probably. Was the mission that much harder in 1.0?