Author Topic: TVWar Intro cutscene  (Read 7731 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Hades
Actually, I was thinking about doing this thing .ani style, then converting it to .avi. I have no idea how to make movies other than just build them frame by frame. How exactly is this done?

Get a program like 3d Max, then render it.  I.e. set animation movements, setup the lensflares, set up a soundtrack, etc.  For something with internal 'sets' and people moving about, it will take several months to make an map your high poly models to a profesisonal standard  - something you'll need to do to make it 'work'.  Even if you just use the game models and do exterior scens, you'll need to take into account bumpmaps and illumination maps, et al.

Offline Solatar

So I take it its not gonna happen. I don't have any high quaility rendering stuff. If I wasn't smart, I'd ask [V] to do it, they usually do a good job, but right now they are more worried about some low poly two dimensional 8-bit color Britney Spears game, and nobody even likes Britney Spears any more. I'm not directing this comment to Daveb or anyone on the fs2 team, we like you!!!! You cool!!!!! You not 8-bit:)

Then again, maybe its Interplay or THQ doing the Britney Spears crap.

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Well, I think you should get the best vedio you can I wouldn't worry about rendering. It will take hours and hours but one of you MUST have several computers with the network rendering server thing 3dsmax has. Thats hould complete it in mush less time. Its a 'is it worth it' thing. If Yes, just make sure its good. If no, WHAT THE VASUDAN'S RIGHT ARM DO YOU THINK YOUR PLAYING AT! :D:p
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Hades
So I take it its not gonna happen. I don't have any high quaility rendering stuff. If I wasn't smart, I'd ask [V] to do it, they usually do a good job, but right now they are more worried about some low poly two dimensional 8-bit color Britney Spears game, and nobody even likes Britney Spears any more. I'm not directing this comment to Daveb or anyone on the fs2 team, we like you!!!! You cool!!!!! You not 8-bit:)

Then again, maybe its Interplay or THQ doing the Britney Spears crap.

Erm, do the actual model setup in something like ts3 or higher, and then render the animation in 3D Exploration. I've never managed to finish something like that on my machine but thats 'cos I have 50MB space left on my disk..... :sigh:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Your gonna do an intro thats lasts over 1 minuet (AT LEAST PLEASE!) frame by frame! ARHHH!!! HH!!HHRR!!!!! HH!!!AAA!!!
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Well, you just so happen to have an editor amongst you.  All right, a want to be editor, but I still can do it.  What I suggest is that we do a few things.  Anything exterior the ship can be done in game.  Why waste time redoing the 3d stuff when something that looks good already exists, and does renedering real time?  I know a rendered movie would look far better, but we don't have the resources.  That leaves the interior work and the video screen.  THe video can be done in ani format then converted to avi.  It would produce the best results for that.  The problem lies with the interior.  We could go live action, or rendered.  So, where my new thought.  Split it into small parts.  We could do the interior in bits, there by reducing the render time.  I collect all the bits, then peice them together in Premier, add music, dialogue, etc.  So all we need is someone who can make the rendered interiors.  any Takers and/or thoughts?
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

So, you want to be editor. You got a job!!!! Well, I ain't paying you jack for it, but thanx.... Whoever wants to do this, talk to me and Thor, we can set up a chatroom. Maybe..

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
When did I ask for money?  I'll alays accept when its given, but I never said anything about paying me.  It just so happens editing is going to be my future profession, after school is finished, so I happen to know a few things about editing and have access to a few nice machines.  As for a job, what Job, I can't do anything at the moment any way.  I don't have the files.  As for the chat, I'll see if we can't use mine once it comes back up.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I use Lightwave 7.5 to render stuff and animations in but i don't have the time to do it. otherwise i might have helped you.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.