Author Topic: Pics of some new TVWar ships  (Read 26128 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Pics of some new TVWar ships
ooooooo!  preatty.  What are the do the coloured boxes do though?:eek2: :eek:

And Esh, I just didn't like the name.  Just a personal preference.  And besides, they used for wing names.  but go with it, I tired of arguing about ship names.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline EdrickV

• Valued
    • http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers
I bet that last pic shows where the hangerbay is and just how big it is. (Though I can't tell if the front end actually has an entrance.)
Ground - "Let me help you out, you're clear to taxi any way you can, to any runway you see."

Mesh Gallery/Downloads:
http://members.aol.com/ArisKalzar/Gallery.html
Turreting 101:
http://members.aol.com/EdrickV/FS2/Turreting.html

http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
If that's a hangar bay, Can we fly into it;7
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wait - that whole thing isn't a hangar, is it?  It looks like just the yellow is the hangar, and the rest are internal systems...

BTW, nice picture. :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Thor
If that's a hangar bay, Can we fly into it;7

Yeah it is - has a tube on it, although the textures don;t really vary... but I doubt it'll be big enough for proper use - I'd recommend any missions with fighter launches starting with the fighters ON the flightdeck already, ala the Aquitane in the nebula.

NB..that piccy was just me arsing about in video post.  For point of ref, the yellow bit's the hanger sections, the red is the comms / nav / sensors systems, the blue (not really visible in this angle) is the reactor, the bright green is weapons and the darker green is the cargo storage (inc. fighters - hence the connection).. I've been trying to imitate the colossus cutscene for a few jollies :)

And.....the ship is a bit FUBARed.  Max corrupted me last save, which isn;t major (because it was a fairly new file), but I need to double check a few of the UV again.  And maybe tidy a few bits up, still.

BTW, what's the font used for the nameplates?

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by aldo_14

BTW, what's the font used for the nameplates?

Stop. You can get it at the fs1port website.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh boy!  Do we get replaceable nameplates, like with the Orion? ;7

(And would you be able to square off the nameplate section, like GE suggested?)

Offline Solatar

I sure hope so. But it will make more work. Every Orion in the campaign will have nameplate, and a ships table entry. We have a VERY small table, so this won't be a problem.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Goober5000
Oh boy!  Do we get replaceable nameplates, like with the Orion? ;7

If you want to, yeah.

(And would you be able to square off the nameplate section, like GE suggested?)

Depends what you mean by 'squared off'.... the texture is square, but the way the faces are means it can't fit exactly, anyways.  I'm trying to tidy it up, regardless.

Offline Solatar

If you want to, yeah.

I want to. Real bad. Could you have us able to use the same nameplates as the Orion?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If you want to, yeah.

Yes, we want to. ;7 Don't worry about the work, Hades - I've done several nameplates already, and I can do it pretty efficiently.

Depends what you mean by 'squared off'.... the texture is square, but the way the faces are means it can't fit exactly, anyways.  I'm trying to tidy it up, regardless.

I mean make the whole nameplate section a rectangular box.  Right now it's an irregular polygon.  Which is nice for some sections, but I think it looks weird for a nameplate.

Offline Anaz

how do you create the nameplateable surface?
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Solatar

You UV map it so that a certain .pcx file fills the area. Then you paint the name of the ship on that .PCX file.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Goober5000

Yes, we want to. ;7 Don't worry about the work, Hades - I've done several nameplates already, and I can do it pretty efficiently.

I mean make the whole nameplate section a rectangular box.  Right now it's an irregular polygon.  Which is nice for some sections, but I think it looks weird for a nameplate.

No...it's not really possible to do without wrecking the UV for that whole side of the ship - and that took me ages to line up.  I've tweaked that side anyways, and tidied up the x-cords.  
I may actually move the nameplate to just above the fighterbay, anyway, to try and even out the textures.  At the moment, where the nameplate is means I have to scale the UV and that bit tends to look a bit more stretched and blurry than the rest of the side.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
K, whatever works. :yes: