Author Topic: Pics of some new TVWar ships  (Read 26127 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Pics of some new TVWar ships
Reminds me of a Cadilac... the kind you see in MacDonalds form the 50's
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Hades, have you retextured that ship or would you like me to do it? :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
2 Questions - Is the angel Wireframe rotating or just off centre? It looks a little weird in the shot we have. And secondly, could you antialias the lines on the flux cannon icon a little? Looks waaaay to sharp atm. If you need me to, I can do it for you, but I'll need a copy of the ani. (not the whole mod, just the ani.)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Solatar

Alright. I've just had two offers for help. Here goes;

Killfrenzy. yes, I'd love you to put a nice TVWar texture on the arwing.

Black Wolf. Exactly how do you anti-alias the icon in Paint Shop Pro. Also, yes, the Angel-which is actually the comand briefing icon for the Valkyrie from fs2 resized-is turning.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I'll see what I can do. :)
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Originally posted by Hades
SO, we have the GTCv Repulse. Anyway, I KNOW the Alpha needs some work. I've already told everyone, that was my FIRST reskin ever. Get over it. Anyway, I cant UV map it or anything, but I'll try to add a new look to it.:D

GTCv Repulse!? We had no Corvettes at this time! it's the T-V War for god's sake no Corvettes!:confused:

and to make it not a Corvette just reasize it please!? it's too big! I was hopeing it would be biger than a Fineris but smaller than a Aoles...:eek: :confused: :mad:  I'm all mixt up now someone help me to understand whats happend here!?

Eddit: looks at screenshots agian never mind but tell me this then a corvette is biger than that! so it's a Cruser! damnit! \
« Last Edit: October 14, 2002, 04:20:17 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

Who said corvettes didn't exist in the T-VWar? We never saw any in the Great War, but that war was only a fe months long. Also, the Repulse is a little bigger than a Fenris. Also, isn't a Fenris either bigger, or the same size as an Aeolus?

Also, we can't "just resize it". It would take a little of our precious resources, which can't be spent on something so trivial at the moment. Although it looks like a boat, the GTCv Repulse is a good sized warship. Go and download the Stripped down version. It has all of the new models ( Except for two I just got a few days ago ) if you want you can resize it.:D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I scaled the Repulse to the fenris, if you make it smaller it'll look strange.

Fenris: 253m

Repulse: 351m

Offline Itsara

Cool ships, can any of them be downloaded?  Also can that planet in the background be downloaded because that was really cool.:D

Offline Solatar

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,10649.0.html
Check out that thread for a stripped down release. It has all of the new ships except that large installation. Anyways, that planet is from TBP, so download it off of them, I might have included it, but I think I forgot.:)

Offline Itsara

I downloaded the ships and there is all kinds of errors with the ships and their .pof files.  Is there going to be a revised version of the download anytime?  Also i am not sure, but are these ships and the campaign meant for freespace1?

Do you know when we will be able to download the installation? Also what website is TBP so i can download the planet?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2002, 08:27:36 pm by 123 »

Offline Solatar

Okay, here's the deal. If you can't MOD, you really shouldn't download teh stripped down version. It requires some downloads of the fs1port ( As it says in the thread ) and you may have to rename some .pcx files and make som temperary skins. Like I said, it's a stripped down version, so it has been stripped down. It is really buggy. Anyway, a full demo release will be around soon when our hosting gets underway, and I can upload the files. Which are pretty big.

TBP can be downloaded at http://archives.volitionwatch.com/ Then look for TBP downloads.

EDIT: this MOD is for fs2. If it was for fs1, why would I be telling you to download the fs1 port?:D
Also, I'm working on something special to release to the public. Just a small demo thingy. Not big, not fancy, and it requires installation of the fs1port.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2002, 08:36:57 pm by 691 »

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Just to let everyone who seems worried about some of the choices we're making know, we are doing things that seem logical to us.  Now lets face it, the amount of information we have about the T-V War is preaty darn close to nothing.  There where some minor information mentioned in FS1, and we will stay true to it.  But we have 14 years to fill, and very little to fill it.  So we go with what feels right.  An example is the Repulse, which as Hades called it before, was originally a cruiser.  So Why did I change it?  Well lets think for a minute.  We have a Fenris.  Nice little ship.  We have an Orion, big a$$ ship.  No please tell me, what navy (currently) has a fleet with only two ship classes, of such a vastly different size?  As far as I know, none.  So it makes sense to fill in the gaps.  So we never saw them in FS1, well you can use the story answer and say they weren't involved or had been retired.  Or there is the Technical answer, that they could have existed story wise, but the game was limeted and they where left out (which also explains why the Lucifer had beams and a Hades was crashed on Deneb in the FS2 intro).  Either works for me.  I not saying that you're fears are misguided, hell, you might be right.  But I'll ask you this.  What Mod is fun and worth doing, if all it gives you is a few old recylced ships.  Hades and I want TVWP to be the best we can make it, while making sure it lives up to your expectations.  Seeing how :v: left us with so little info on the matter, we're trying hard to make sure its good.  So if you really have any concerns, pm Hades or myself, or even better, offer to help us out.  Thank you, I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just letting everyone know what are goals, aims, ideas and motivation are.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Well said Thor. I couldn't have put it better myself.:)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Thank you.  I was in big speech mode, having come here after the Andromeda Forums.  How bloody well depressing over there it is.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
jpg format is A-1 SUPAR!!!

I like the ships yes.  I like your idea as well.  Hades have you tried to use LithUnwrap?  It would make you textures a lot smoother and you could do fighter textures as well.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Solatar

Okay, just make something clear. I don't do models. That was a temperary skin until we could get something better.

As for your PM, no you can't do the Unification War. The Unification War is a demo to the Terran-Vasudan War, which we are doing. Eishtmo will be doing some of the T-VWar also.

EDIT: And what do you mean JPG format, they are bitmaps:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2002, 02:31:00 pm by 691 »

Who said corvettes didn't exist in the T-VWar? We never saw any in the Great War, but that war was only a fe months long. Also, the Repulse is a little bigger than a Fenris. Also, isn't a Fenris either bigger, or the same size as an Aeolus?

Also, we can't "just resize it". It would take a little of our precious resources, which can't be spent on something so trivial at the moment. Although it looks like a boat, the GTCv Repulse is a good sized warship. Go and download the Stripped down version. It has all of the new models ( Except for two I just got a few days ago ) if you want you can resize it.:D

Read the Tech info on the Dimos dumy! It said that the Corvette is a new class of warship! for FS2 Not in FS1 so It should not be a Corvette! :mad:  You should make this mod so it fits in well with the two games and for one thing if we did have em back then then howcome they were not in FS1!?:o

You would think that a ship class that vittel would be in the fleet for the game now woulden't you?

and another thing we were still lerning how to studdy our enemys so that would explain whay we only had two ship classes!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2002, 02:41:12 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by CODEDOG ND
jpg format is A-1 SUPAR!!!

EDIT: And what do you mean JPG format, they are bitmaps:rolleyes:

I believe the phrase A-1 SUPAR is used as a politely humorous way of saying, "You dolt, you did something wrong.  We're not going to explicitly condemn your mistake, but we will point out that you should have done this the right way - because the right way is A-1 SUPAR!!!"  In summary, CODEDOG ND would have preferred you to link to screenshots in JPG format.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by StarGunner

Read the Tech info on the Dimos dumy! It said that the Corvette is a new class of warship! for FS2 Not in FS1 so It should not be a Corvette! :mad:  You should make this mod so it fits in well with the two games and for one thing if we did have em back then then howcome they were not in FS1!?:o

You would think that a ship class that vittel would be in the fleet for the game now woulden't you?

and another thing we were still lerning how to studdy our enemys so that would explain whay we only had two ship classes!

Except that the deimos entry doesn`t explicitly state that corvettes are a completely new class.
 Corvettes could have been phased out and then reintroduced later and still have the deimos entry make sense.
 What it does tell us is that by the time the Deimos was introduced the corvette class didn`t exist. That doesn`t mean that they weren`t any that were phased out 40 years previously.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]