Author Topic: correct me if i'm wrong...  (Read 11635 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
correct me if i'm wrong...
sorry to ask n00b questions, but if this is before FS1, then the only ships you'll have are the Apollo for Terran, right?  and the ML-16 laser... and no shields, etc.  so isn't it going to be very boring?  or are you going to MOD different ships?  regardless they can't have shields, and the weapons will have to suck

is it for FS2 or FS1?

let me know
Thanks
~Stealth

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Re: correct me if i'm wrong...
Originally posted by Stealth
sorry to ask n00b questions, but if this is before FS1, then the only ships you'll have are the Apollo for Terran, right?  and the ML-16 laser... and no shields, etc.  so isn't it going to be very boring?  or are you going to MOD different ships?  regardless they can't have shields, and the weapons will have to suck

is it for FS2 or FS1?

let me know
Thanks
~Stealth

Methinks you can consider weapons as 'scaleable' against ships...i.e.  you'd have old (say ML-5) laser, but they'd be effective against the older Vasudan types, yet lesseffective against the newer ships.

Methinks you may need to have a few pre/sub Anubis ships for the vasudans, though..........

Offline Solatar

This is for fs2.

The weapons will actually be more powerful than the ML-16, but never in the same mission with an ML-16. This is to cause the effect that the ships hulls aren't very strong. This way it is more exciting.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Or we could do some serious table overhauls, but thats Hades call.  And there should be all sorts of new(or old:confused: ) ships to play with.  Allthough it may never comeout as we can't decide what to call things:nod:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
you could make the ML-16 like the Kayser of the day by just making it stronger..

or not
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Heck, keep the tables as they are, and give the new weapons lower damage and make the hulls weaker. The actual numbers don't matter that much, it's all relative.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Actually, the MOD is pretty well balanced how it is. Only problem is the Anubis. The Terrans are wiping it out. I have decided to use Seth class heavy fighters. Not sure whether Horus intercepters were around though.

Offline Thor

You can't just replace it, but Maybe we could use that as a bit of history.  Any ideas on how we could fix it so it is tougher or explainable?

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
I think the Horus was around.  As for the Anubis, it was always pretty weak, even the tech room says that much.  My explination is that the Vasudans prefered to use huge numbers of weak fighters instead of a few strong ones.  Of course, they're fast little buggers, so that makes them that much harder to kill.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Solatar

I didn't mean replace the Anubis with the Seth. I meant the Vasudans won't be using nothing but Anubis'. Also, as far as bombers go, which was created first, the Osiris or Amun?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Osiris was intended to replace the Amun.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Thor

Good, keep coming up with the Vasudan ships.  I'll need those eventually to for the ship guide I'm writing.

Offline Solatar

So, we'll have the Amun in the early stages, like around the Vega Engagement, and the Osiris later on.
Also, I'm getting a Vasudan warship from Woomeister. It is a little smaller than a Typhon.

Offline Thor

I have an un textured destroyer.  It looks mighty cool though.

Offline Solatar

I just got anotehr finished .pof from Woomeister. A Vasudan destroyer.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
hmmmm as far as i know the only ships around were the Horus interceptors, the Seth heavy assualt fighters, and the Anubis class fighters (which had no afterburner, one primary bank, and no secondary... (i don't think))

Terran only had the ML-16, and the MX-50.  The only ship they had was the Apollo space superiority... HOWEVER... at the beginning (after the second or third mission) they say the *something* interceptor has been completely revamped, and is now called the Valkyrie, and it's then introduced.  in this case, they imply, if not state, that a ship SIMILAR to the valkyrie was present before it was introduced.  i think they said it has bigger secondary banks, and a faster top spee.d... so by simply renaming the Valkyrie, changing its banks, and changing its speed, you can make the old version :D

Offline Solatar

Umm, no. We can do almost anything for the TVWar. There are 14 years. And fs1 mentions nothing except the Angel ( Scout fighter, predecessor to Valkyrie ) which we have. The Angel has one primary and one secondary bank.

Both Vasudan bombers are present, as well as the Anubis, Seth, and Horus. The Anubis does have a secondary bank.

As for the Terrans, we do need a bomber. I'm currently using the Athena, but this will only be plausible late in the war. As for the unification War. We haveno fighters to use.

Offline Thor

The unification war only has two ships, the Mustang Alpha and Beta.  Alpha is a fighter, and Beta is the bomber.  As history progresses, we have more fighters being created.  but that's after the unification war.  so for it, we actually need less ships, and there all terran, (save maybe for the last mission.  Doesn't anybody read what I write?;)

What about the GTB Inferno?  Don't we have that?  And the Bomber versiom of the apollo?  When do we get that?  I don't think we're to hurting for ships

Offline Solatar

I haven't put in the Inferno yet. And the Apollo bomber version, we really need that.

As for the Mustang Alpha and the Mustang Beta. We still need those.
How many factions do we have? Three or four? And two player flyable ships? If this campaign is over ten missions, those are going to get old. Maybe we could have the Angel as the newest, most technologically advanced fighter created by mankind. Then watch them get mothball later in the TVWar.

Offline Thor

Here, read this.  the UW is only about 7.  and the actual war takes place over the course of 5.  the last one or two take place later and should probably be Apollo A's.  But no, we don't need to many ships for it.  We do need something bigger than the Leo, but smaller than Orion.  And by pure coincidence, one of the ships is your beloved Armstrong.  I was going to blow it away in a spectacular fashion, but maybe I'll switch the ships around.  And there are 4 factions, one bad, one miniscule good, and two good.