Author Topic: Just realised, this was my idea.  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Just realised, this was my idea.
I just realised today that this was my idea. I posted a thread a while back entitled "An FS1 Prequel" or something similar, in which I proposed a mod set before FS1, based arounf the V-T war, and that's just what you're doing!

Offline Solatar

Actually, this particular MOD wasn't your idea. I was up late thinking one night when I started thinking about what would be in fs3. Then I thought about what was before fs1. Surely somebody had done something. Then I realised. They hadn't. Thus, the thread "Ships of the 14 year war" was began. It evolved into the another thread. "Hiring for the t/v war, we want YOU!". That was the birth of the TVWar. I know millions of people have thought about making prequels. I've tried to contact Hudzy, but we won't answer me.

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Hi. Sorry for any lack of response. Quite a bit has been happening lately, namely a new PC for me. Just to let you know, I'd like to help out where ever I can. :)

Offline Solatar

Alright Hudzy, PM me and tell me what you had done in your project. I'd be glad to take you on. Our site is going to be hosted on HLP, and the site should be up in less than 48 hours. I have already gotten everything done, except for a comfirmation e-mail from gamespy.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Actually, the whole T-v war thing has been floating around for ages.... I sent an e-mail to Eishtomo seeing if he wanted to team up for a TV war thing before I started work on Reciprocity. (It's probably a very good thing he rejected - I was a pretty useless modeller then)

Offline Solatar

Many people have had this idea, but it looks like I'm the one who acted.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
I've considered trying to start something like this for a long time (ever since I finished the Great War novel), but I lack all of the skills necessary.  At this point, I'm just here to keep you yahoos in line :).

It's funny aldo, but I don't remember that.  I do remember someone wanting to use the GW story for some animation project.  Never heard back from them.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Originally posted by Hades
Alright Hudzy, PM me and tell me what you had done in your project.

Done.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Eishtmo
I've considered trying to start something like this for a long time (ever since I finished the Great War novel), but I lack all of the skills necessary.  At this point, I'm just here to keep you yahoos in line :).

It's funny aldo, but I don't remember that.  I do remember someone wanting to use the GW story for some animation project.  Never heard back from them.

'twas about a year ago, I think.  You probably never even got the email, anyways.