Author Topic: Screenshots! More of them!  (Read 11453 times)

Offline Solatar

Screenshots! More of them!
Here are two new screenshots.  One that shows the Earth and Moon backgrounds, and another that shows the new shockwave .ani.

Sorry I couldn't get a screen of the Vulture shotgun, but it moves to fast. I might slow it down and take a screen later though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 09:33:34 pm by 561 »

Offline Solatar

Here's the other one.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
VERY nice. :yes: This is good.  Only two screenshots, and both of them are action shots. :yes: :yes: The shockwave looks very cool.

Nitpick: Change "squadron" to "squadrons", because it's plural. :)

It might be a good idea to have several different background pictures of the Earth and the Moon.  In the Unification War there will be many battles around the two, and it would be nice to show different locations, and perhaps different phases. ;7

EDIT: Go back and double-check the Mustang Alpha HUD icons.  They're supposed to be centered, but they look jammed into the upper-left corner of where they're supposed to be.  Make sure they're the right size.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 09:32:51 pm by 561 »

Offline Nuclear1

Since I'm not a man of many words, here I go:

Nice explosion.

Second:

GE has a background for Earth already (I think. I'll check the Port).
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Here's the one I have. It's a GIF, save it as a PCX and add it to the backgrounds list.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i can make earth backgrounds if you want!

(give me like 5 minutes and photoshop)...

EDIT:
here we go... and it was less than 5 minutes :D ;)

i call it:  Earth, or something like it!

i'm working on a more realistic one :p
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 05:44:11 pm by 594 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
for making 3D planets in Photoshop (may not be useful in this case, but overall looks pretty cool, can be used for any occasion :nod: ;)) :

http://www.gkane.de/tutorials/ps_planets.html

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good stuff.  GalacticEmperor, that looks great. :yes:

Sorry, Stealth, but your Earth looks like a marble. ;)

Now we need to make duplicates of the Earths in different phases. :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Goober5000

Sorry, Stealth, but your Earth looks like a marble. ;)

heeeyyyyyyy!!! :)

Offline Solatar

I'm keeping it as "squadron". A squadron is Alpha, Beta, and Gamma wings. Delta and Epsilon are sometimes part of your squadron, but usually they aren't permanently.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, good call.  I forgot about that. :o :)

Offline Solatar

I need to edit the HUD though, as you may have noticed, the "squadron" is going over the little text area.

I'm trying to fix that shield icon.

Don't expect too much outta me, I'm off my computer on school days, except the last day of the week ( Today starts Thanksgiving vacation!)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I noticed.  That'd be good. :)

Shield icon fix = :yes:

Don't expect much of me either.  Home from college is time to sleep and avoid work of any kind. ;)

By the way, I have the beta version of fs2_open with ballistic primary support, but I can't post as an attachment - too big, apparently.  You want me to email it to you?  I won't be able to do any code editing over break, but if you have time and motivation you might want to check it out and fool around with modding.

Offline Solatar

As long as it is compiled, and won't crash. [email protected].

How big is it? I need to know whether it will fit in my yahoo box. Four megs is the limit.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
2308k.

Sending...give me a moment to write a small how-to.

EDIT: Hmm...this is the public forum.  Should I be tantalizing everyone with this? :nervous:

Everyone, this is a beta.  It's not bug-free, and it doesn't have HUD support, so you can't see how much ammo you have left - you have to remember.  So :ha:. :p

Don't worry, I'll post a public link as soon as I iron out the bugs...:nervous:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 04:08:21 pm by 561 »

Offline Solatar

While this is out in the public, I want several opinions on one subject: How much ammo should we give the player? Like 1000 bullets sounds good, but then there are no support ships so whatever you get off your carrier is what you're stuck with.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Mebbe 10,000 for a standard weapon.  Go play a FS2 mission and check your stats at the end.  How many primary shots did you fire? etc.

Keep in mind that we should have enough ammo to finish a standard mission with bullets to spare, but the player can't waste them.

Some possible exceptions are a strike mission where you have a limited amount of ammo to do whatever damage you can, or a heavy assault mission where your ship is specially modified to carry more ammo than usual.

EDIT: Also, there are different types of weapons.  A machine gun thing, for example, fires at a very rapid rate and has lots of ammo but the bullets don't do much individually.  Or there could be a heavy assault gun that fires fewer bullets at a slower rate that do more damage.  Etc.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 04:22:17 pm by 561 »

Offline Solatar

What address did you send it to?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The one you posted.

Offline Solatar

---------------------------
Assertion Failed!
Assert: weaponp->wi_flags & WIF_BIG_ONLY

File: E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Freespace 2\fs2_open\code\Weapon\Weapons.cpp

Line: 761

Call stack:

------------------------------------------------------------------

parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    weapon_init()    game_init()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 77e814c7()

------------------------------------------------------------------

[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

Use Ok to break into Debugger, Cancel to exit.

OK   Cancel  

Seems to be a little problem.:D